LTC3586-2/LTC3586-3 - High Efficiency USB Power Manager with Boost, Buck-Boost and Dual Bucks
- High Efficiency Switching PowerPath™ Controller with Bat-Track™ Adaptive Output Control and Instant-On Operation
- Programmable USB or Wall Current Limit (100mA/500mA/1A)
- Full Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger with Float Voltage of 4.2V (LTC3586-2) or 4.1V (LTC3586-3) with 1.5A Maximum Charge Current
- Internal 180mΩ Ideal Diode Plus External Ideal Diode Controller Powers Load in Battery Mode
- <30μA No-Load Quiescent Current when Powered from BAT
- Dual High Efficiency Buck DC/DCs (400mA IOUT)
- High Efficiency Buck-Boost DC/DC (1A IOUT)
- High Efficiency Boost DC/DC (800mA IOUT)
- DC/DC FAULT Output
- Compact (4mm × 6mm) 38-Pin QFN Package
The LTC®3586-2/LTC3586-3 are highly integrated power management and battery charger ICs for Li-Ion/Polymer battery applications. They include a high efficiency current limited switching PowerPath manager with automatic load prioritization, battery charger, ideal diode, and four synchronous switching regulators (two bucks, one buckboost and one boost). Designed specifically for USB applications, the LTC3586-2/LTC3586-3’s switching power manager automatically limits input current to a maximum of either 100mA or 500mA for USB applications or 1A for adapter-powered applications.
Unlike linear chargers, the LTC3586-2/LTC3586-3 switching architecture transmits nearly all of the power available from the USB port to the load with minimal loss and heat which eases thermal constraints in small places. The two buck regulators can provide up to 400mA each, the buck-boost can deliver 1A, and the boost delivers at least 800mA.
The LTC3586-2/LTC3586-3 are available in a low profile (0.75mm) 38-pin 4mm × 6mm QFN package.
|Options||Float Voltage (V)||Fault Pin Functionality||Boost Overvoltage Threshold (V)||Boost Overvoltage Hysteresis|
|LTC3586||4.2V||Bi-Directional with Latch||5.3V||300mV|
|LTC3586-1||4.1V||Bi-Directional with Latch||5.3V||300mV|
|LTC3586-2||4.2V||Output Only, No Latch||5.5V||100mV|
|LTC3586-3||4.1V||Output Only, No Latch||5.5V||100mV|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Portable Medical/Industrial Devices
- Other USB-Based Handheld Products
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3586/LTC3586-1 - High Efficiency USB Power Manager with Boost, Buck-Boost and Dual Bucks
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4000-1 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging with Maximum Power Point Control
- LTC3566 - High Efﬁciency USB Power Manager Plus 1A Buck-Boost Converter
- LTC3558 - Linear USB Battery Charger with Buck and Buck-Boost Regulators
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC3556 - High Efﬁciency USB Power Manager with Dual Buck and Buck-Boost DC/DCs
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4155 - Dual Input Power Manager/ 3.5A Li-Ion Battery Charger with I2C Control and USB OTG
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: