LTC3564 - 2.25MHz, 1.25A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- High Efficiency: Up to 96%
- Very Low Quiescent Current: Only 20μA
- 1.25A Output Current
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 2.25MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws ≤ 1μA Supply Current
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and
- Load Transient Response
- Overtemperature Protected
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT and 6-Lead (2mm × 3mm) DFN Packages
DescriptionThe LTC3564 is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. Supply current during operation is only 20μA, dropping to ≤1μA in shutdown. The 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3564 ideally suited for single Li-Ion battery-powered or 3.3V to 5V input voltage applications. 100% duty cycle provides low drop- out operation, extending battery life in portable systems. Automatic Burst Mode operation increases efficiency at light loads, further extending battery runtime.
Switching frequency is internally set at 2.25MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode. Low output voltages are easily supported with the 0.6V feedback reference voltage. The LTC3564 is available in low profile (1mm) ThinSOT and 6-Lead (2mm × 3mm) DFN packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1158A||LTC3564ES5 Demo Board (TSOT) | 2.25MHz, 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V @ 1.25A||$75.00|
|DC1343A||LTC3564DCB6 Demo Board (DFN) | 2.25MHz, 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V @ 1.25A||Contact Factory|
- Cellular Telephones
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Digital Still Cameras
- Media Players
- Portable Instruments
- Point of Load Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3621 - 17V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 3.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC3560 - 2.25MHz, 800mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator in ThinSOT
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: