LTC3561A - 1A, 4MHz, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- Uses Tiny Capacitors and Inductor
- High Frequency Operation: Up to 4MHz
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Switches: 0.15Ω
- High Efficiency: Up to 96%
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ ≤ 1μA
- Low Quiescent Current: 330μA
- Output Voltages from 0.8V to 5V
- VIN: 2.5V to 5.5V
- Small 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3561A is a constant frequency, synchronous step-down DC/DC converter. Intended for medium power applications, it operates from a 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range and has a user configurable operating frequency up to 4MHz, allowing the use of tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors 1mm or less in height. The output voltage is adjustable from 0.8V to 5.5V. Internal synchronous power switches provide high efficiency. The LTC3561A’s current mode architecture and external compensation allow the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of loads and output capacitors.
To further maximize battery life, the P-channel MOSFET is turned on continuously in dropout (100% duty cycle). In shutdown, the device draws <1μA.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1072B||LTC3561AEDD Demo Board | 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V/Adj @ 1A||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Notebook Computers
- Digital Cameras
- Cellular Phones
- Handheld Instruments
- Board Mounted Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3621 - 17V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 3.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3564 - 2.25MHz, 1.25A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3646/LTC3646-1 - 40V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC3631 - High Efficiency, High Voltage 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: