LTC3560 - 2.25MHz, 800mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator in ThinSOT
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Low Output Ripple (<20mVP-P): Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 16µA
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 2.25MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws < 1µA Supply Current
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overtemperature Protected
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3560 is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. Supply current during operation is only 16µA, dropping to <1µA in shutdown. The 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3560 ideally suited for single Li-Ion/Li-Polymer battery-powered applications. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems.
Switching frequency is internally set at 2.25MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. For noise sensitive applications the LTC3560 can be externally synchronized from 1MHz to 3MHz. Burst Mode operation is inhibited during synchronization or when the SYNC/MODE pin is pulled high, preventing low frequency ripple from interfering with audio circuitry.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode. Low output voltages are easily supported with the 0.6V feedback reference voltage. The LTC3560 is available in a low profile (1mm) ThinSOT package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1025A||LTC3560ES6 Demo Board | 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, VOUT = 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V @ 800mA,||$75.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Cellular Telephones
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Digital Still Cameras
- Media Players
- Portable Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3564 - 2.25MHz, 1.25A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3621 - 17V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 3.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: