LTC3545/LTC3545-1 - Triple 800mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator - 2.25MHz
- Three 800mA Outputs
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- 2.25V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Low Ripple (<20mVP-P) Burst Mode Operation
- 2.25MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- Synchronizable to External 1MHz to 3MHz Clock
- Power Good Indicators Ease Supply Sequencing
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Current Mode Operation/Excellent Transient Response
- Low Proﬁle 16-Lead 3mm × 3mm QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LTC3545/LTC3545-1 are triple, high efficiency, monolithic synchronous buck regulators using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. The regulators operate independently with separate run pins. The 2.25V to 5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3545/LTC3545-1 well suited for single Li-Ion battery-powered applications. Low ripple pulse skip mode or high efficiency Burst Mode operation is externally selectable. PWM pulse skip mode operation provides very low output ripple voltage while Burst Mode operation increases efficiency at low output loads.
Switching frequency is internally set to 2.25MHz, or the switching frequency can be synchronized to an external 1MHz to 3MHz clock. Power good indicators easily allow power on sequencing between the three regulators.
The internal synchronous switches increase efficiency and eliminate external Schottky diodes. Low output voltages are supported with the 0.6V feedback reference voltage.
The LTC3545-1 replaces the SYNC/MODE function with a third PGOOD pin and forces Burst Mode operation.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1193A-A||LTC3545EUD Demo Board | 2.25V to 5.5VIN, 1.2V@0.8A, 1.5V@0.8A, 1.8V@0.8A; SYNC Pin||$150.00|
|DC1193A-B||LTC3545EUD Demo Board | 2.25V to 5.5VIN, 1.2V@0.8A, 1.5V@0.8A, 1.8V@0.8A; PGOOD Pin, Burst Mode Only||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Smart Phones
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Digital Still Cameras
- Portable Instruments
- Point of Load Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3569 - Triple Buck Regulator with 1.2A and Two 600mA Outputs and Individual Programmable References
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC4366 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: