LTC3544 - Quad Synchronous Step-Down Regulator: 2.25MHz, 300mA, 200mA, 200mA, 100mA
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Four Independent Regulators Provide Up to 300mA, 200mA, 200mA and 100mA Output Current
- 2.25V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 2.25MHz Constant-Frequency Operation
- No Schottky Diodes Required
- Extremely Low Channel-to-Channel Transient Crosstalk
- Low Ripple (20mVP-P) Burst Mode Operation:
IQ = 70µA (All Channels On)
- 0.8V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws <1µA Supply Current
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overtemperature Protected
- Low Profile (3mm × 3mm) 16-Lead QFN Package
The LTC3544 is a quad, high efficiency, monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant-frequency, current mode architecture. The four regulators operate independently with separate run pins. The 2.25V to 5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3544 well suited for single Li-Ion/polymer battery-powered applications. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery runtime in portable systems. Low ripple Burst Mode® operation increases efficiency at light loads, further extending battery runtime with typically only 20mV of ripple.
Switching frequency is internally set to 2.25MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. The internal synchronous switches increase efficiency and eliminate the need for external Schottky diodes. Low output voltages are easily supported with the 0.8V feedback reference voltage.
The LTC3544 is available in a low profile (0.75mm) (3mm × 3mm) QFN package.
|Light Load Operation|
|LTC3544||Burst Mode (20mVpp), < 70uA Iq|
|LTC3544B||Pulse Skip Mode|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1040A-A||LTC3544EUD Demo Board | Quad Sync Buck, 2.25V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Iout = 100mA, 200mA(x2) & 300mA||Contact Factory|
- Cellular Telephones
- Personal Information Appliances
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Digital Still Cameras
- Media Players
- Portable Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3504 - Quad 40V/1A Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3103 - 1.8μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3388 - 20V High Efficiency Nanopower Step-Down Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: