LTC3542 - 500mA, 2.25MHz Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- High Efficiency: Up to 96%
- High Peak Switch Current: 1000mA
- Low Output Ripple (<20mVP-P Typical) Burst Mode Operation: Only 26µA
- Very Low Quiescent Current: Only 26µA
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 2.25MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- 1MHz to 3MHz External Frequency Synchronization
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Internal Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws <1µA Supply Current
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overtemperature Protected
- Available in 6-Lead 2mm × 2mm DFN and Small TSOT
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LTC3542 is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck converter using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. Supply current during operation is only 26µA, dropping to <1µA in shutdown. The 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3542 ideally suited for single Li-Ion battery-powered applications. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems. The output voltage is adjustable from 0.6V to VIN. Internal power switches are optimized to provide high efficiency and eliminate the need for an external Schottky diode.
Switching frequency is internally set at 2.25MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors, and it can synchronize to an external clock signal with a frequency range of 1MHz to 3MHz through the MODE/ SYNC pin. The LTC3542 is specifically designed to work well with ceramic output capacitors, achieving very low output voltage ripple and a small PCB footprint.
The LTC3542 can be configured for the power saving Burst Mode Operation. For reduced noise and RF interference, the MODE/SYNC pin can be configured for pulse skipping operation.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC993A||LTC3542EDC Demo Board | 2.5 ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, VOUT = 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V @ 500mA||$75.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Cellular Telephones
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Digital Cameras
- MP3 Players
- PDAs and Other Handheld Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3502/LT3502A - 1.1MHz/2.2MHz, 500mA Step-Down Regulators in 2mm × 2mm DFN and MS10
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3103 - 1.8μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: