LTC3541 - High Efficiency Buck + VLDO Regulator
- High Efficiency, 500mA Buck Plus 300mA VLDO Regulator
- Auto Start-Up Powers Buck Output Prior to VLDO/Linear Regulator Output
- Independent High Efficiency, 500mA Buck (VIN: 2.7V to 5.5V)
- 300mA VLDO Regulator with 30mA Standalone Mode
- No External Schottky Diodes Required
- Buck Output Voltage Range: 0.8V to 5V
- VLDO Input Voltage Range (LVIN): 0.9V to 5.5V
- VLDO Output Voltage Range VLDO: 0.4V to 4.1V
- Selectable Fixed Frequency, Pulse-Skip Operation or Burst Mode® Operation
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load
- Transient Response
- Constant Frequency Operation: 2.25MHz
- Low Dropout Buck Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Small, Thermally Enhanced, 10-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN Package
The LTC3541 combines a synchronous buck DC/DC converter with a very low dropout linear regulator (VLDO) to provide up to two output voltages from a single input voltage with minimal external components. When configured for dual output operation, the LTC3541’s auto start-up feature will bring the Buck output into regulation in a controlled manner prior to enabling the VLDO regulator output without the need for external pin control. VLDO/ linear regulator output prior to Buck output sequencing may also be obtained via external pin control. The input voltage range is ideally suited for Li-Ion battery-powered applications, as well as powering sub-3.3V logic from 5V or 3.3V rails.
The synchronous buck converter provides a high efficiency output, typically 90%, capable of providing up to 500mA of continuous output current while switching at 2.25MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. A mode-select pin allows Burst Mode operation to be enabled for higher effi ciency at light load currents, or disabled for lower noise, constant frequency operation.
The VLDO regulator provides a low noise, low voltage output capable of providing up to 300mA of continuous output current using only a 2.2μF ceramic capacitor. The input supply voltage of the VLDO regulator (LVIN) may come from the buck regulator or a separate supply.
|Options||Vout Switcher (V)||Vout VLDO||Auto Start Up Sequencing|
|LTC3541||Adj down to 0.8V||Adj down to 0.4V||Switcher, then VLDO|
|LTC3541-1||Adj down to 0.8V||Adj down to 0.4V||VLDO, then switcher|
|LTC3541-2||1.875V fixed||1.5V fixed||Switcher, then VLDO|
|LTC3541-3||1.8V fixed||1.575 fixed||VLDO, then switcher|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC970A-A||LTC3541 Demo Board | 3V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout1 (Buck) = 1.8V or 2.5V @ 500mA, Vout2 (VLDO) = 0.8V/1.2V/1.5V/1.8V @ 300mA||$100.00|
- PDAs/Palmtop PCs
- Digital Cameras
- Cellular Phones
- PC Cards
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Other Portable Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3502/LT3502A - 1.1MHz/2.2MHz, 500mA Step-Down Regulators in 2mm × 2mm DFN and MS10
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3471 - Dual 1.3A, 1.2MHz Boost/Inverter in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- LT3958 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: