LTC3539/LTC3539-2 - 2A, 1MHz/2MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters
- Delivers 3.3V at 900mA From 2 Alkaline/NiMH Cells
- Delivers 5V at 900mA From a Lithium-Polymer Battery
- VIN Start-Up Voltage: 700mV
- 1.5V to 5.25V VOUT Range
- Up to 94% Efficiency
- VIN > VOUT Operation
- ±1.5% Feedback Voltage Tolerance
- 1MHz (LTC3539) or 2MHz (LTC3539-2) Fixed Frequency Operation
- Output Disconnect
- Selectable Burst Mode® or PWM Operation
- 10μA Quiescent Current
- Logic Controlled Shutdown: <1μA
- Requires Only 6 External Components
- Low Profile (2mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) DFN Package
The LTC®3539/LTC3539-2 are synchronous, 2A step-up DC/DC converters with output disconnect. Synchronous rectification enables high efficiency in the low profile 2mm × 3mm DFN package. Battery life is extended with a 700mV start-up voltage and operation down to 500mV once started.
A switching frequency of 1MHz (LTC3539) or 2MHz (LTC3539-2) minimizes solution footprint by allowing the use of tiny, low profile inductors and ceramic capacitors. The current mode PWM design is internally compensated, reducing external parts count. The LTC3539/LTC3539-2 feature a pin-enabled automatic Burst Mode operation at light load conditions. Anti-ring circuitry reduces EMI by damping the inductor in discontinuous mode. Additional features include a low shutdown current of under 1μA and thermal overload protection.
The LTC3539/LTC3539-2 are offered in a 2mm × 3mm × 0.75mm DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1260A-A||LTC3539EDCB DEMO BOARD | 2A, 1MHz Synchronous Step||$100.00|
|DC1260A-B||LTC3539EDCB-2 DEMO BOARD | 2A, 2MHz Synchronous St||$100.00|
- Medical Instruments
- Portable Bar Code Scanners
- Noise Canceling Headphones
- Portable GPS Navigation
- Handheld PCs
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3402 - 2A, 3MHz Micropower Synchronous Boost Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3421 - 3A, 3MHz Micropower Synchronous Boost Converter with Output Disconnect
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3424 - Low Output Voltage, 3MHz Micropower Synchronous Boost Converters
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV