LTC3538 - 800mA Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- Regulated Output with Input Voltages Above, Below, or Equal to the Output
- 800mA Continuous Output Current from a Single Lithium-Ion/Polymer Cell
- Single Inductor
- 1.8V to 5.25V VOUT Range
- 2.4V to 5.5V VIN Range
- 1MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- 2.4V to 5.5V Input
- 35µA Quiesecent Current in Burst Mode Operation
- <5µA Shutdown Current
- Internal Soft-Start
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead (2mm x 3mm) DFN package
The LTC3538 is a highly efficient, low noise, buck-boost DC/DC converter that operates from input voltages above, below, and equal to the output voltage. The topology incorporated in the IC provides a continuous transfer function through all operating modes, making the product ideal for single Lithium Ion or multicell Alkaline or NiMH applications where the output voltage is within the battery voltage range.
The LTC3538 is suited for use in Micro Hard Disk Drive (µHDD) applications with its 800mA current capability. Burst Mode operation provides high efficiency at light loads. The LTC3538 includes two 0.17Ω N-channel and two 0.2Ω P-channel MOSFET switches. Operating frequency is internally set to 1MHz to minimize solution footprint while maximizing efficiency.
Other features include <5µA shutdown current, internal soft-start, short circuit protection and thermal shutdown. The LTC3538 is available in a low profile (0.75mm), thermally enhanced 8-lead (2mm x 3mm) DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1095A||LTC3538EDCB Demo Board | Buck-Boost, 2.4V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 3.3V @ 0.8A||$75.00|
- Miniature Hard Disk Drives
- MP3 Players
- Digital Cameras
- Cellular Handsets
- PDAs, Handheld PC
- GPS Receivers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3536 - 1A Low Noise, Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3531 - 200mA Buck-Boost Synchronous DC/DC Converters
- LTC3440 - Micropower Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3530 - Wide Input Voltage Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3127 - 1A Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Programmable Input Current Limit
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3532 - Micropower Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.