LTC3536 - 1A Low Noise, Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- Regulated Output with Input Voltage Above, Below or Equal to the Output Voltage
- 1.8V to 5.5V Input and Output Voltage Range
- 1A Continuous Output Current for VIN ≥ 3V, VOUT = 3.3V
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Low Noise Buck-Boost Architecture
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Programmable Frequency from 300kHz to 2MHz
- Synchronizable Oscillator
- Burst Mode® Operation: 32μA IQ
- Internal 1ms Soft-Start
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- Shutdown Current: 1μA
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Small Thermally Enhanced 12-Pin MSOP and 10-Pin (3mm × 3mm) DFN Packages
The LTC®3536 is an extended VIN range, fixed frequency, synchronous buck-boost DC/DC converter that operates from input voltages above, below or equal to the regulated output voltage. The topology incorporated in the LTC3536 provides low noise operation, making it ideal for RF and precision measurement applications.
The device can produce up to 1A of continuous output current, and it includes two N-channel and two P-channel MOSFET switches. Switching frequencies up to 2MHz can be programmed with an external resistor and the oscillator can be synchronized to an external clock. Quiescent current is only 32μA in Burst Mode operation, maximizing battery life in portable applications. Burst Mode operation is user controlled and improves efficiency at light loads.
Other features include a 1μA shutdown current, internal soft-start, overtemperature protection and current limit. The LTC3536 is available in 12-pin thermally enhanced MSOP and 10-pin (3mm × 3mm) DFN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1797A||LTC3536EDD Demo Board u 1A, Low Noise, Wide VIN Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter||$150.00|
|DC1852A||LTC3536EMSE Demo Board u 1A, Low Noise, Wide VIN Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter||Contact Factory|
- Wireless Inventory Terminals
- Handheld Medical Instruments
- Wireless Locators, Microphones
- Supercapacitor Backup Power Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3113 - 3A Low Noise Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3533 - 2A Wide Input Voltage Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3127 - 1A Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Programmable Input Current Limit
- LTC3531 - 200mA Buck-Boost Synchronous DC/DC Converters
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV