LTC3534 - 7V, 500mA Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- Regulated Output with Input Voltages Above, Below or Equal to the Output
- 2.4V to 7V VIN and 1.8V to 7V VOUT Ranges
- 5V VOUT at 500mA from 4 AA Cells
- Single Inductor
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 94% Efficiency
- Burst Mode® Operation with 25μA IQ
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- 1MHz Switching Frequency
- <1μA Shutdown Current
- Small Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead (5mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) DFN and 16-Lead GN Packages
The LTC®3534 is a wide VIN range, highly efficient, fixed frequency, buck-boost DC/DC converter that operates from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage. The topology incorporated in the IC provides a continuous transfer function through all operating modes, making the product ideal for multi-cell Alkaline/NiMH or single Lithium-Ion/Polymer applications where the output voltage is within the battery voltage range.
The LTC3534 offers extended VIN and VOUT ranges of 2.4V to 7V and 1.8V to 7V, respectively. Quiescent current is only 25μA in Burst Mode operation, maximizing battery life in portable applications. Burst Mode operation is user controlled and can be enabled by driving the PWM pin low. If the PWM pin is driven high then fixed frequency switching is enabled.
Other features include fixed 1MHz operating frequency, a <1μA shutdown, short-circuit protection, programmable soft-start, current limit and thermal overload protection. The LTC3534 is available in the thermally enhanced 16-lead (3mm × 5mm) DFN and 16-lead GN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
5x3 DFN-16, SSOP-16
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1227A||LTC3534EDHC Demo board | 5V, 500mA Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter||$100.00|
- Medical Instruments
- Portable Barcode Readers
- Portable Inventory Terminals
- USB to 5V Supply
- Handheld GPS
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LTC3129 - 15V, 200mA Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with 1.3μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.