LTC3533 - 2A Wide Input Voltage Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- Regulated Output with Input Voltages Above, Below or Equal to the Output
- 1.8V to 5.5V (Input) and 5.25V (Output) Voltage Range
- 0.8A Continuous Output Current: VIN > 1.8V
- 2A Continuous Output Current: VIN > 3V
- Single Inductor
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 96% Efficiency
- Programmable Burst Mode Operation: IQ = 40µA
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- Programmable Frequency from 300kHz to 2MHz
- <1µA Shutdown Current
- Small Thermally Enhanced 14-Lead (3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm) DFN package
The LTC3533 is a wide VIN range, highly efficient, fixed frequency, buck-boost DC/DC converter that operates from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage. The topology incorporated in the IC provides a continuous transfer function through all operating modes, making the product ideal for single cell lithium-ion/polymer or multi-cell alkaline/NiMH applications where the output voltage is within the input voltage range.
The LTC3533 features programmable Burst Mode operation, extended VIN and VOUT ranges down to 1.8V, and increased output current. Switching frequencies up to 2MHz are programmed with an external resistor. The Burst Mode threshold is programmed with a single resistor from the BURST pin to GND.
Other features include 1µA shutdown current, short circuit protection, programmable soft-start, current limit and thermal shutdown. The LTC3533 is housed in the thermally enhanced 14-lead (3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm) DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC999A||LTC3533EDE Demo Board | High Efficiency Synchronous Buck-Boost Converter||$150.00|
- GSM Modems
- Handheld Instruments
- Digital Cameras
- Smart Phones
- Media Players
- Miniature Hard Disk Drive Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3113 - 3A Low Noise Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3536 - 1A Low Noise, Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV