LTC3531 - 200mA Buck-Boost Synchronous DC/DC Converters
- Regulated Output with Input Above, Below or Equal to the Output
- Single Inductor
- Up to 90% Efficiency
- VIN Range: 1.8V to 5.5V
- 200mA at 3.3VOUT from 3.6V Input
- 125mA at 3VOUT from 2.5V Input
- Fixed VOUT Versions (TSOT, DFN): 3.3V, 3V
- Adjustable VOUT Version (DFN): 2V to 5V
- Burst Mode® Operation, No External Compensation
- Ultra Low Quiescent Current: 16μA, Shutdown Current <1μA
- Only 3 External Components Required
(Fixed Voltage Versions)
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- Available in 6-Pin ThinSOT and 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LTC3531/LTC3531-3.3/LTC3531-3 are synchronous buck-boost DC/DC converters that operate from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage. The topology incorporated in the ICs provides a continuous transfer through all operating modes, making the product ideal for single cell Li-Ion and multicell alkaline or nickel applications. The converters operate in Burst Mode, minimizing solution footprint and component count as well as providing high conversion efficiency over a wide range of load currents.
The devices include two 0.5Ω N-channel MOSFET switches and two P-channel switches (0.5Ω, 0.8Ω). Quiescent current is typically 16μA, making the parts ideal for battery power applications. Other features include a <1uA shutdown current, current limiting, thermal shutdown and output disconnect. The parts are offered in a 6-pin ThinSOT package for fi xed voltage versions or a 3mm × 3mm DFN package for fixed and adjustable versions.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC877A||LTC3531ES6-3.3 | 200mA Buck-Boost Synch Converter||$75.00|
- Handheld Instruments
- MP3 Players
- Handheld computers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3129 - 15V, 200mA Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with 1.3μA Quiescent Current
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: