LTC3527 - Dual 800mA/400mA, 1.2MHz/2.2MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters
- Dual Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters
- Delivers 3.3V at 200mA/100mA from one Alkaline/ NiMH Cell, or 3.3V at 400mA/200mA from Two Cells
- VIN Start-Up Voltage: 700mV
- 0.5V to 5V VIN Range After Start-Up
- 1.6V to 5.25V VOUT Range
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- VIN > VOUT Operation
- 1.2MHz or 2.2MHz Operation
- Up to 94% Efficiency
- 12μA Quiescent Current in Burst Mode® Operation
- Inrush Current Limiting and Soft-Start
- Internal Synchronous Rectifiers
- Logic-Controlled Shutdown (< 2μA)
- Quick VOUT Discharge (LTC3527-1)
- 16-Lead, 0.75mm × 3mm × 3mm QFN Package
The LTC3527/LTC3527-1 are dual high efficiency, step-up DC/DC converters in a space saving 16-lead 3mm × 3mm QFN package. Battery life is maximized with a 700mV startup voltage and operation down to 500mV once started. The SHDN and PGOOD pins enable the converters to be sequenced or started together.
The LTC3527/LTC3527-1 limit inrush current during startup. Selectable 1.2MHz or 2.2MHz operation provides a choice between the highest efficiency or smallest solution footprint. The current mode PWM design is internally compensated reducing external parts count. Burst Mode operation or fixed frequency operation is selectable via the MODE pin. Anti-ring circuitry reduces EMI in discontinuous mode. This device also features thermal shutdown.
True output disconnect allows the output to be completely open in shutdown. The LTC3527-1 actively discharges VOUT1 or VOUT2 when its respective SHDN goes low. Quiescent current in shutdown is less than 2μA.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1237A-A||LTC3527EUD Demo Board | Dual, 1.2MHz or 2.2MHz, 0.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 5V, Vout1 = 3V/3.3V/5V(800mA Switch), Vout2 = 1.8V/2.85V/3.3V(400mA Switch)||Contact Factory|
|DC1237A-B||LTC3527EUD-1 Demo Board | Dual, 1.2MHz or 2.2MHz, 0.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 5V, Vout1 = 3V/3.3V/5V(800mA Switch), Vout2 = 1.8V/2.85V/3.3V(400mA Switch)||Contact Factory|
- MP3/Personal Media Players
- Noise Canceling/Bluetooth Headsets
- Wireless Mice
- Portable Medical Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3535 - Dual Channel 550mA 1MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LTC3539/LTC3539-2 - 2A, 1MHz/2MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3526L/LTC3526LB - 550mA 1MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters in 2mm × 2mm DFN
- LTC3525 - 400mA Micropower Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT3471 - Dual 1.3A, 1.2MHz Boost/Inverter in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: