LTC3526-2 - 500mA 2MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter in 2mm x 2mm DFN
- Delivers 3.3V at 100mA from a Single Alkaline/ NiMH Cell or 3.3V at 200mA from Two Cells
- VIN Start-Up Voltage: 850mV
- VIN Operating Range: 0.5V to 5V
- 1.6V to 5.25V VOUT Range
- Up to 94% Efficiency
- Output Disconnect
- 2MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- VIN > VOUT Operation
- Integrated Soft-Start
- Current Mode Control with Internal Compensation
- Burst Mode® Operation with 9μA Quiescent Current (LTC3526-2)
- Low Noise PWM Operation (LTC3526B-2)
- Internal Synchronous Rectifier
- Logic Controlled Shutdown (IQ < 1μA)
- Anti-Ringing Control
- Low Profile (2mm × 2mm × 0.75mm) DFN-6 Package
The LTC3526-2/LTC3526B-2 are synchronous, fixed frequency step-up DC/DC converters with output disconnect. Synchronous rectification enables high efficiency in the low profile 2mm × 2mm DFN package. Battery life in single AA/AAA powered products is extended further with an 850mV start-up voltage and operation down to 500mV once started.
A switching frequency of 2MHz minimizes solution footprint by allowing the use of tiny, low profile inductors and ceramic capacitors. The current mode PWM design is internally compensated, reducing external parts count. The LTC3526-2 features Burst Mode operation at light load conditions, while the LTC3526B-2 features continuous switching. Anti-ring circuitry eliminates EMI concerns by damping the inductor in discontinuous mode. Additional features include a low shutdown current of under 1μA and thermal shutdown.
The LTC3526-2/LTC3526B-2 are housed in a 6-pin 2mm × 2mm × 0.75mm DFN package.
For new designs, we recommend the LTC3526L-2/ LTC3526LB-2.
|Startup Voltage||Frequency||Burst Mode||Notes|
|LTC3526||1V||1MHz||Yes||Not Recommended For New Designs|
|LTC3526B||1V||1MHz||No||Not Recommended For New Designs|
|LTC3526-2||1V||2MHz||Yes||Not Recommended For New Designs|
|LTC3526B-2||1V||2MHz||No||Not Recommended For New Designs|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Medical Instruments
- Flash-Based MP3 Players
- Noise Canceling Headphones
- Wireless Mice
- Bluetooth Headsets
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3526 - 500mA 1MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters in 2mm x 2mm DFN
- LTC3526L/LTC3526LB - 550mA 1MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters in 2mm × 2mm DFN
- LTC3526L-2 - 550mA 2MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters in 2mm × 2mm DFN
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: