LTC3525 - 400mA Micropower Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Output Disconnect and Inrush Current Limit
- Fixed Output Voltages of 3V, 3.3V or 5V
- Delivers 65mA at 3V from a 1V Input
- Delivers 60mA at 3.3V from a 1V Input, or 140mA at 3.3V from a 1.8V Input
- Delivers 175mA at 5V from a 3V Input
- Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 7μA
- Only Three External Components
- VIN > VOUT Operation
- <1μA Shutdown Current
- Antiringing Control
- Short-Circuit and Overtemperature Protection
- Very Low Profile of 1mm
- Tiny 6-Pin SC70 Package
The LTC®3525-3/LTC3525-3.3/LTC3525-5 are high efficiency synchronous step-up DC/DC converters with output disconnect that can start up with an input as low as 1V. They offer a compact, high efficiency alternative to charge pumps in single cell or dual cell alkaline or Li-Ion applications. Only three small external components are required. The LTC3525 is offered in fixed output voltages of 3V, 3.3V or 5V.
The device includes a 0.5Ω N-channel MOSFET switch and a 0.8Ω P-channel synchronous rectifier. Peak switch current ranges from 150mA to 400mA, depending on load, providing enhanced efficiency. Quiescent current is an ultralow 7μA, maximizing battery life in portable applications.
Other features include <1μA shutdown current, antiringing control and thermal shutdown. The LTC3525 is available in a tiny 6-pin SC70 package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC879A-A||LTC3525-3.3 | 400mA Micropower Synchronous Step-Up||$75.00|
|DC879A-B||LTC3525ESC6-5 | 400mA Micropower Synchronous Step-Up||$75.00|
- MP3 Players
- Portable Instruments
- Glucose Meters
- Digital Cameras
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3525D-3.3 - 400mA Micropower Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Pass Through Mode
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LTC3526L/LTC3526LB - 550mA 1MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters in 2mm × 2mm DFN
- LTC3525L-3 - 400mA Micropower Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3400 - 600mA, 1.2MHz Micropower Synchronous Boost Converters in ThinSOT
- LTC3535 - Dual Channel 550mA 1MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV