LTC3524 - Adjustable TFT Bias Supply with WLED Driver
- Generates Three Adjustable, Low Noise Rails for Small/Medium TFT Displays
- Drives Up to Ten White LEDs
- LED Dimming and Open-Circuit Protection
- Controlled Power-Up/Power-Down Sequencing
- 1.5MHz Fixed Frequency, Low Noise Operation
- VIN Range 2.5V to 6V, VOUT Range 3V to 6V
- TFT Supply Efficiency Up to 90%
- LED Supply Efficiency Up to 78%
- Two independently Enabled LED Strings
- 200 to 1 True Color PWM Dimming
- Tiny External Solution
- 24-Lead QFN Package (4mm x 4mm x 0.75mm)
DescriptionThe LTC3524 is an integrated BIAS and white LED power converter solution for small/medium-sized polysilicon thin ﬁlm transistor (TFT) liquid crystal (LCD) display panels. The device operates from a single Lithium-Ion/polymer battery or any voltage source between 2.5V and 6V.
A 1.5MHz synchronous boost converter generates a programmable low noise, high efficiency 25mA TFT supply of up to 6.0V. Regulated, low ripple charge pumps are used to generate up to +20V and -20V at 2mA. Output sequencing is internally controlled to insure proper initialization and rapid discharge of the LCD panel in shutdown.
A second 1.5MHz boost converter powers one or two LED strings with up to ﬁve series elements each. LED current and display brightness can be controlled over a wide range using analog or digital means up to 25mA.
The LTC3524 is offered in the 4mm x 4mm 24-pin QFN package, minimizing the total solution footprint.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1121A||LTC3524EUF | Five Output Power Supply and LED Driver for Small to Med TFT-LCDs||$125.00|
- PDAs, Palmtop Computers
- Digital Still and Video Cameras
- Handheld GPS
- Portable Instrument Displays
- Portable Media Players
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3471 - Dual 1.3A, 1.2MHz Boost/Inverter in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3463 - Dual Micropower DC/DC Converters with Schottky Diodes
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: