LTC3458L - 1.7A, 1.5MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Inrush Current Limiting and Output Disconnect
- Programmable Output Voltages up to 6V
- 1.5V to 6V Input Range
- Programmable/Synchronizable Fixed Frequency Operation up to 1.5MHz
- Programmable Automatic Burst Mode® Operation
- Current Mode Control with Programmable Soft-Start Period and Peak Current Limit
- 0.2 Ohm N-Channel and 0.3 Ohm P-Channel Switches
- Ultralow Quiescent Currents: 12µA Sleep, <1µA in Shutdown
- 12-Pin 4mm × 3mm Thermally Enhanced DFN Package
The LTC3458L is a high efficiency, current mode, fixed frequency, step up DC/DC converter with true output disconnect and inrush current limiting. The LTC3458L is rated for up to 6V output and includes a 0.2 Ohm N-channel MOSFET switch and a 0.3 Ohm P-channel MOSFET synchronous rectifier. The LTC3458L is well suited for battery powered applications and includes programmable output voltage, switching frequency and loop compensation. The oscillator frequency can be set up to 1.5MHz or synchronized to an external clock.
Quiescent current is only 12µA during Burst Mode operation maximizing battery life in portable applications. The Burst Mode current threshold, peak current limit, and softstart are externally programmable. Other features include <1µA shutdown current, antiringing control, and thermal limit. The LTC3458L is available in a low profile (0.75mm), 4mm × 3mm 12-pin DFN package.
Protected by U.S. Patents including 5481178, 6304066, 6580258, 5511131, 6498466
|Vout Range||Switch Current|
|LTC3458||2.0V to 7.5V||1.4A|
|LTC3458L||2.0V to 6.0V||1.7A|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC878A||LTC3458LEDE Demo Board | 2V ≤ VIN ≤ 5V, Vout = 5V @ 300mA - 900mA||$100.00|
- Point-of-Load Regulators
- USB VBUS Power
- Portable GPS
- MP3 Players
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LTC3539/LTC3539-2 - 2A, 1MHz/2MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters
- LTC3458 - 1.4A, 1.5MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTC3125 - 1.2A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Input Current Limit
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: