LTC3454 - 1A Synchronous Buck-Boost High Current LED Driver
- High Efficiency: >90% Typical in Torch Mode, >80% in Flash Mode
- Wide VIN Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Up to 1A Continuous Output Current
- 3.5% LED Current Programming Accuracy
- Internal Soft-Start
- Open/Shorted LED Protection
- Constant Frequency 1MHz Operation
- Zero Shutdown Current
- Overtemperature Protection
- Small Thermally Enhanced 10-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN Package
The LTC3454 is a synchronous buck-boost DC/DC converter optimized for driving a single high power LED at currents up to 1A from a single cell Li-Ion battery input. The regulator operates in either synchronous buck, synchronous boost, or buck-boost mode depending on input voltage and LED forward voltage. PLED/PIN efficiency greater than 90% can be achieved over the entire usable range of a Li-Ion battery (2.7V to 4.2V).
LED current is programmable to one of four levels, including shutdown, with dual external resistors and dual enable inputs. In shutdown no supply current is drawn. A high constant operating frequency of 1MHz allows the use of small external components.
The LTC3454 is offered in a low profile (0.75mm) thermally enhanced 10-lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC875B||LTC3454EDD Demo Board | Synchronous Buck-Boost LumiLED Driver||$75.00|
- Cell Phone Camera Flash
- Cell Phone Torch Lighting
- Digital Cameras
- Misc Li-Ion LED Drivers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LTC3453 - Synchronous Buck-Boost High Power White LED Driver
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT3518 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 2.3A Switch Current
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.