LTC3444 - Micropower Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter for WCDMA Applications
- Optimized Features for WCDMA Handsets
- Regulated Output with Input Voltages Above, Below, or Equal to the Output
- 0.5V to 5V Output Range
- Up to 400mA Continuous Output Current From a Single Lithium-Ion Cell
- Minimal External Components
- 1.5MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Internal Loop Compensation for Fast Response <25μs Full Scale Output Slewing; COUT 4.7μF
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- 2.75V to 5.5V Input
- <1μA Shutdown Current
- Internal Soft-Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Single Inductor, No Schottky Diodes Required
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN Package
DescriptionThe LTC3444 is a highly efficient, fixed frequency, buck-boost DC/DC converter, which operates from input voltages above, below, and equal to the output voltage. The topology incorporated in the IC provides a continuous transfer function through all operating modes, making the product ideal for a single Lithium-Ion or multi-cell applications where the output voltage can vary over a wide range.
The LTC3444 has been optimized for use in 3G WCDMA applications. A unique design yields high efficiency at very low output voltages while also eliminating external components. The high speed error amplifier provides the fast transient response required to slew the RF power amplifier from standby to transmit and transmit to stand by power levels. Output overvoltage protection protects the RF power amplifier.
Operating frequency is internally set to 1.5MHz to minimize external component size while maximizing efficiency. Other features include <1μA shutdown current, internal soft-start, peak current limit and thermal shutdown.
The LTC3444 is available in a small, thermally enhanced 8-lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC901A||LTC3444EDD Demo Board | Synchronous Buck-Boost, for CDMA & HSDPA, 3.1V ≤VIN ≤ 5V, Vout = 0.8V to 4.2V @ 400mA||$100.00|
- WCDMA Applications–3G Handsets with High Speed Data Rate Capability
- MP3 Players
- Digital Cameras
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3531 - 200mA Buck-Boost Synchronous DC/DC Converters
- LTC3440 - Micropower Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3532 - Micropower Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3536 - 1A Low Noise, Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3433 - High Voltage Step-Up/Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: