LTC3442 - Micropower Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Automatic Burst Mode Operation
- Regulated Output with Input Voltages Above, Below, or Equal to the Output
- Single Inductor, No Schottky Diodes Required
- Manual or Programmable Automatic Burst Mode Operation
- Programmable Average Input Current Limit
- Up to 1.2A Continuous Output Current from a Single Lithium-Ion Cell
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- 2.4V to 5.5V Input Range
- 2.4V to 5.25V Output Range
- 35µA Quiescent Current in Burst Mode Operation
- Programmable Frequency from 300kHz to 2MHz
- <1µA Shutdown Current
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 12-Lead (4mm × 3mm) DFN Package
The LTC3442 is a highly efficient, fixed frequency, Buck-Boost DC/DC converter, which operates from input voltages above, below, and equal to the output voltage. The topology incorporated in the IC provides a continuous transfer function through all operating modes, making the product ideal for a single Lithium-Ion or multicell alkaline applications where the output voltage is within the battery voltage range.
The device includes two 0.10 Ohm N-channel MOSFET switches and two 0.10 Ohm P-channel switches. Operating frequency and average input current limit can each be programmed with an external resistor. Quiescent current is only 35µA in Burst Mode operation, maximizing battery life in portable applications. Automatic Burst Mode operation allows the user to program the load current for Burst Mode operation, or to control it manually.
Other features include 1µA shutdown current, programmable soft-start, peak current limit and thermal shutdown. The LTC3442 is available in a low profile, thermally enhanced 12-lead (4mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC799A||LTC3442EDE Demo Board | Synchronous Buck-Boost, 2.4V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.25V, VOUT = 3.3V @ 1.2A||$100.00|
- PDA/'SMART' Phones
- Handheld Computers
- MP3 Players
- Handheld Instruments
- Digital Cameras
- Wireless Handsets
- USB Peripherals
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3533 - 2A Wide Input Voltage Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3536 - 1A Low Noise, Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3113 - 3A Low Noise Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3127 - 1A Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Programmable Input Current Limit
- LTC3441 - High Current Micropower Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3443 - High Current Micropower 600kHz Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: