LTC3441 - High Current Micropower Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- Regulated Output with Input Above, Below or Equal to the Output
- Single Inductor, No Schottky Diodes
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- 25µA Quiescent Current in Burst Mode® Operation
- Up to 1.2A Continuous Output Current from a Single Lithium-Ion
- True Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- 2.4V to 5.5V Input Range
- 2.4V to 5.25V Output Range
- 1MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Synchronizable Oscillator
- Selectable Burst Mode or Fixed Frequency Operation
- <1µA Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 12-Lead (4mm x 3mm) DFN package
The LTC3441 is a high efficiency, fixed frequency, buck-boost DC/DC converter that operates efficiently from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage. The topology incorporated in the IC provides a continuous transfer function through all operating modes, making the product ideal for single lithium ion or multi-cell applications where the output voltage is within the battery voltage range.
The device includes two 0.10 Ohm N-channel MOSFET switches and two 0.11 Ohm P-channel switches. External Schottky diodes are optional, and can be used for a moderate efficiency improvement. The operating frequency is internally set to 1MHz and can be synchronized up to 1.7MHz. Quiescent current is only 25µA in Burst Mode operation, maximizing battery life in portable applications. Burst Mode operation is user controlled and can be enabled by driving the MODE/SYNC pin high. If the MODE/ SYNC pin is driven low or with a clock, then fixed frequency switching is enabled.
Other features include a 1µA shutdown, soft-start control, thermal shutdown and current limit. The LTC3441 is available in a thermally enhanced 12-lead (4mm x 3mm) DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC625A||LTC3441EDE | 1MHz, 1A, Synchronous Buck-Boost Converter, 2.5 to 5.5Vin, 3.3Vout @ 1A||$150.00|
|DC773A||LTC3441EDE | Synchronous 1 MHz Luxeon III White LED Driver, Vin = 3V - 4.2V||$150.00|
- Handheld Computers
- Handheld Instruments
- MP3 Players
- Digital Cameras
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3533 - 2A Wide Input Voltage Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3443 - High Current Micropower 600kHz Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3536 - 1A Low Noise, Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3442 - Micropower Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Automatic Burst Mode Operation
- LTC3127 - 1A Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Programmable Input Current Limit
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.