LTC3427 - 500mA, 1.25MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter in 2mm x 2mm DFN Package
- High Efficiency: Up to 94%
- 3.3V at 200mA from Two Alkaline Cells
- 5V at 200mA from a Single Li-Ion Cell
- Inrush Current Limiting and Soft-Start
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- 1.8V to 5V VIN Range
- 1.8V to 5.25V VOUT Range
- 1.25MHz Fixed Frequency, Low Noise PWM
- Internal Synchronous Rectifier
- Logic Controlled Shutdown (<1μA)
- Anti-Ringing Control Minimizes EMI
- Tiny External Components
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Low Profile (0.75mm × 2mm × 2mm) DFN Package
The LTC3427 is the industry’s first high efficiency, fixed frequency, step-up DC/DC converter with true output disconnect in a 6-lead 2mm × 2mm DFN package. Requiring minimal external components, the LTC3427 operates from an input voltage as low as 1.8V. The LTC3427 contains an internal 0.525Ω N-channel MOSFET switch and a 0.575Ω P-channel MOSFET synchronous rectifier, which enables it to supply 200mA at 3.3V from a 2-cell alkaline battery input.
The LTC3427 limits inrush current during start-up and provides a soft-start of VOUT. A switching frequency of 1.25MHz minimizes solution footprint by allowing the use of tiny, low profile inductors and ceramic capacitors and produces very low VOUT ripple. The current mode PWM design is internally compensated, reducing external parts count. Anti-ringing control reduces EMI in discontinuous mode operation. The LTC3427 also features low shutdown current of under 1μA and thermal shutdown.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC856A||LTC3427EDC Demo Board | 1.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 3.6V, Vout = 3.3V @ 180mA||Contact Factory|
- Handheld Instruments
- Digital Cameras
- Wireless Handsets
- GPS Receivers
- Portable Medical Devices
- MP3 Players
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3525 - 400mA Micropower Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LTC3526L/LTC3526LB - 550mA 1MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters in 2mm × 2mm DFN
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT3494 - Micropower Low Noise Boost Converters with Output Disconnect
- LT3473 - Micropower 1A Boost Converter with Schottky and Output Disconnect
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: