LTC3421 - 3A, 3MHz Micropower Synchronous Boost Converter with Output Disconnect
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 96% Efficiency
- True Output Disconnect
- Inrush Current Limiting
- Very Low Quiescent Current: 12µA
- Up to 1.5A Continuous Output Current
- Fixed Frequency Operation Up to 3MHz
- 0.5V to 4.5V Input Range
- 2.4V to 5.25V Adjustable Output Voltage
- Guaranteed 1V Start-Up
- Programmable Current Limit
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Synchronizable Oscillator
- Manual or Automatic Burst Mode® Operation
- Low-Battery Comparator
- <1µA Shutdown Current
- 1.22V Reference Output Voltage
- Small (4mm x 4mm) Thermally Enhanced QFN Package
The LTC3421 is a high efficiency, current mode, fixed frequency, step-up DC/DC converter with true output disconnect and inrush current limiting. The device includes a 0.10 Ohm N-channel MOSFET switch and a 0.14 Ohm P-channel synchronous rectifier. This product has the ability to simply program the output voltage, switching frequency, current limit, soft-start, Burst Mode threshold and loop compensation with external passive components.
Quiescent current is only 12µA during Burst Mode operation, maximizing battery life in portable applications. The oscillator frequency can be programmed up to 3MHz and can be synchronized to an external clock applied to the SYNC pin. An open-drain uncommitted low-battery comparator is included. The part maintains operation in applications with a secondary cell powering the output voltage during shutdown.
Other features include: 1µA shutdown, antiringing control, thermal limit and reference output.
The LTC3421 is available in a small 4mm x 4mm QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC565A||LTC3421EUF | High Efficiency Synchronous Boost Converter, Vin = 1.8V to 3.2V, Vout = 3.3V @ 1A||$125.00|
- Handheld Computers
- Cordless Phones
- GPS Receivers
- Battery Backup Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3425 - 5A, 8MHz, 4-Phase Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTC3539/LTC3539-2 - 2A, 1MHz/2MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3402 - 2A, 3MHz Micropower Synchronous Boost Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3424 - Low Output Voltage, 3MHz Micropower Synchronous Boost Converters
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV