LTC3419 - Dual Monolithic 600mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- High Efficiency Dual Step-Down Outputs: Up to 96%
- 600mA Current per Channel at VIN = 3V
- Only 35µA Quiescent Current During Operation (Both Channels)
- 2.25MHz Constant-Frequency Operation
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- No Schottky Diodes Required
- Internally Compensated for All Ceramic Capacitors
- Independent Internal Soft-Start for Each Channel
- Available in Fixed Output Versions
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- User-Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Ultralow Shutdown Current: IQ < 1µA
- Available in Small MSOP or 3mm × 3mm DFN-8 Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3419 is a dual, 2.25MHz, constant-frequency, synchronous step-down DC/DC converter in a tiny 3mm × 3mm DFN package. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems. Low output voltages are supported with the 0.6V feedback reference voltage. Each regulator can supply 600mA output current.
The input voltage range is 2.5V to 5.5V, making it ideal for Li-Ion and USB powered applications. Supply current during operation is only 35µA and drops to <1µA in shutdown. A user-selectable mode input allows the user to trade off between high efficiency Burst Mode operation and pulse-skipping mode.
An internally set 2.25MHz switching frequency allows the use of tiny surface mount inductors and capacitors. Internal soft-start reduces inrush current during start-up. Both outputs are internally compensated to work with ceramic output capacitors. The LTC3419 is available in a low profile (0.75mm) 3mm × 3mm DFN package. The LTC3419 is also available in a fixed output voltage configuration selected via internal resistor dividers (see Table 2).
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1128A||LTC3419EDD Demo Board | 2.25MHz, 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout1 = 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V @ 600mA, Vout2 = 2.5V/3.3V @ 600mA||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Cellular Telephones
- Digital Still Cameras
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Portable Media Players
- PDAs/Palmtop PCs
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3103 - 1.8μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: