LTC3417 - Dual Synchronous 1.4A/800mA 4MHz Step-Down DC/DC Regulator
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- 1.4A/800mA Guaranteed Minimum Output Current
- No Schottky Diodes Required
- Programmable Frequency Operation: 1.5MHz or Adjustable From 0.6MHz to 4MHz
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Switches
- Short-Circuit Protected
- VIN: 2.25V to 5.5V
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- 125μA Quiescent Current in Sleep Mode
- Ultralow Shutdown Current: IQ < 1μA
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Power Good Output
- Phase Pin Selects 2nd Channel Phase Relationship with Respect to 1st Channel
- Internal Soft-Start with Individual Run Pin Control
- Available in Small Thermally Enhanced (5mm × 3mm) DFN and 20-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LTC3417 is a dual constant frequency, synchronous step-down DC/DC converter. Intended for medium power applications, it operates from a 2.25V to 5.5V input voltage range and has a constant programmable switching frequency, allowing the use of tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors 2mm or less in height. Each output voltage is adjustable from 0.8V to 5V. Internal synchronous low RDS(ON) power switches provide high efficiency without the need for external Schottky diodes.
A user selectable mode input allows the user to trade off ripple voltage for light load efficiency. Burst Mode operation provides high efficiency at light loads, while Pulse Skip mode provides low ripple noise at light loads. A phase mode pin allows the second channel to operate in-phase or 180° out-of-phase with respect to channel 1. Out-of-phase operation produces lower RMS current on VIN and thus lower RMS derating on the input capacitor.
To further maximize battery life, the P-channel MOSFETs are turned on continuously in dropout (100% duty cycle) and both channels draw a total quiescent current of only 100µA. In shutdown, the device draws <1µA.
|LTC3417A||Improved Channel Matching||-|
|LTC3417A-1||Power On Reset||Recommended For New Designs|
|LTC3417A-2||Power Good||Recommended For New Designs|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- PDAs/Palmtop PCs
- Digital Cameras
- Cellular Phones
- PC Cards
- Wireless and DSL Modems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LTC3417A-2 - Dual Synchronous 1.5A/1A 4MHz Step-Down DC/DC Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: