LTC3415 - 7A, PolyPhase Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- High Efficiency: Up to 96%
- 7A Output Current at VIN = 3V
- Adjustable Frequency: 1.5MHz Nominal
- PolyPhase Operation (Up to 12 Phases)
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- Output Tracking and Margining
- ±1% Reference Accuracy
- 2.5V to 5.5V VIN Range
- Phase Lockable from 0.75MHz to 2.25MHz
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low Quiescent Current: 450µA
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Shutdown Mode Draws Only 0.2µA Supply Current
- Available in 38-Pin (5mm × 7mm) QFN Package
The LTC3415 is a high efficiency, monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a phase lockable constant frequency, current mode architecture. PolyPhase® operation allows multiple LTC3415s to run out of phase while using minimal input and output capacitance. The operating supply range is from 5.5V down to 2.5V, making it suitable for single Lithium-Ion battery as well as point of load power supply applications. Burst Mode operation provides high efficiency at low load currents. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation that extends operating time in battery-operated systems.
The operating frequency is internally set at 1.5MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors. For switching- noise sensitive applications, it can be externally synchronized from 0.75MHz to 2.25MHz. The PHMODE pin allows user control of the phase of the outgoing clock signal. The current sense comparator is factory trimmed for accurate output current sharing. Burst Mode operation is inhibited during synchronization or when the MODE pin is pulled low to reduce noise and RF interference.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC725A||LTC3415EUHF Demo Board | 2.375 ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 0.6V to 5V @ 7A||$125.00|
|DC768A||LTC3415EUHF(x2) Demo Board - 7A | Polyphase, 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 0.6V to 5V @ 15A||$125.00|
- Point of Load Power Supply
- Portable Instruments
- Distributed Power Systems
- Battery-Powered Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3616 - 6A, 4MHz Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3418 - 8A, 4MHz, Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3611 - 10A, 32V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3608 - 18V, 8A Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3610 - 24V, 12A Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3613 - 24V, 15A Monolithic Step Down Regulator with Differential Output Sensing
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: