LTC3412A - 3A, 4MHz, Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- 3A Output Current
- Low Quiescent Current: 64μA
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Switch: 77mΩ
- 2.25V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Programmable Frequency: 300kHz to 4MHz
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- 0.8V Reference Allows Low Output Voltage
- Selectable Forced Continuous/Burst Mode® Operation with Adjustable Burst Clamp
- Synchronizable Switching Frequency
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Overtemperature Protected
- Available in 16-Lead Exposed Pad TSSOP and QFN Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3412A is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous, step-down DC/DC converter utilizing a constant frequency, current mode architecture. It operates from an input voltage range of 2.25V to 5.5V and provides a regulated output voltage from 0.8V to 5V while delivering up to 3A of output current. The internal synchronous power switch with 77mΩ on-resistance increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode. Switching frequency is set by an external resistor or can be synchronized to an external clock. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation extending battery life in portable systems. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of loads and output capacitors.
The LTC3412A can be configured for either Burst Mode operation or forced continuous operation. Forced continuous operation reduces noise and RF interference while Burst Mode operation provides high efficiency by reducing gate charge losses at light loads. In Burst Mode operation, external control of the burst clamp level allows the output voltage ripple to be adjusted according to the application requirements.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC652A||LTC3412AEFE Demo Board||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Point-of-Load Regulation
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Instruments
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3612 - 3A, 4MHz Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3614 - 4A, 4MHz Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3412 - 2.5A, 4MHz, Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: