LTC3411 - 1.25A, 4MHz, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- Small 10-Lead MSOP or DFN Package
- Uses Tiny Capacitors and Inductor
- High Frequency Operation: Up to 4MHz
- High Switch Current: 1.6A
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Switches: 0.110Ω
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ ≤ 1μA
- Low Quiescent Current: 60µA
- Output Voltages from 0.8V to 5V
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Sychronizable to External Clock
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LTC3411 is a constant frequency, synchronous, step- down DC/DC converter. Intended for medium power applications, it operates from a 2.63V to 5.5V input voltage range and has a user configurable operating frequency up to 4MHz, allowing the use of tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors 2mm or less in height. The output voltage is adjustable from 0.8V to 5V. Internal sychronous 0.11Ω power switches with 1.6A peak current ratings provide high efficiency. The LTC3411’s current mode architecture and external compensation allow the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of loads and output capacitors.
The LTC3411 can be configured for automatic power saving Burst Mode operation to reduce gate charge losses when the load current drops below the level required for continuous operation. For reduced noise and RF interference, the SYNC/MODE pin can be configured to skip pulses or provide forced continuous operation.
To further maximize battery life, the P-channel MOSFET is turned on continuously in dropout (100% duty cycle) with a low quiescent current of 60μA. In shutdown, the device draws <1μA.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC441A||LTC3411EMS | 2.65V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, VOUT = 1.8V/2.5V/3.3V @ 1.25A||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Notebook Computers
- Digital Cameras
- Cellular Phones
- Handheld Instruments
- Board Mounted Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3411A - 1.25A, 4MHz, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: