LTC3409 - 600mA Low VIN Buck Regulator in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- 1.6V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Internal Soft-Start
- Selectable 1.7MHz or 2.6MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- Internal Oscillator can be Synchronizable to an External Clock, 1MHz to 3MHz Range
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Very Low Quiescent Current: Only 65µA During Burst Mode® Operation
- 600mA Output Current (VIN = 1.8V, VOUT = 1.2V)
- 750mA Peak Inductor Current
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- 0.613V Reference Voltage
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Shutdown Mode Draws <1µA Supply Current
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overtemperature Protection
- Available in a Low Profile (0.75mm) 8-Lead
(3mm × 3mm) DFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3409 is a high efficiency, monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. The output voltage is adjusted via an external resistor divider.
Fixed switching frequencies of 1.7MHz and 2.6MHz are supported. Alternatively, an internal PLL will synchronize to an external clock in the frequency range of 1MHz to 3MHz. This range of switching frequencies allows the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors, including ceramics.
Supply current during Burst Mode operation is only 65µA dropping to <1µA in shutdown. The 1.6V to 5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3409 ideally suited for single cell Li-Ion, Li-Metal and 2-cell alkaline, NiCd or NiMH battery-powered applications. 100% duty cycle capability provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems. Burst Mode operation can be user enabled, increasing efficiency at light loads, further extending battery life.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode. Internal soft-start offers controlled output voltage rise time at start-up without the need for external components.
Protected by U.S. Patents, including 5481178, 6580258, 6304066, 6127815, 6498466, 6611131.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC828A||LTC3409EDD Demo Board | 1.6V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V @ 600mA||$75.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Cellular Phones
- Digital Cameras
- MP3 Players
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3542 - 500mA, 2.25MHz Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3103 - 1.8μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LTC3549 - 250mA Low VIN Buck Regulator in 2mm x 3mm DFN
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: