LTC3406B - 1.5MHz, 600mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator in ThinSOT
- High Efficiency: Up to 96%
- 600mA Output Current at VIN = 3V
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 1.5MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low Quiescent Current: 300µA
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws <1µA Supply Current
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overtemperature Protected
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
The LTC3406B is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. The device is available in an adjustable version and fixed output voltages of 1.5V and 1.8V. Supply current with no load is 300µA and drops to <1µA in shutdown. The 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3406B ideally suited for single Li-Ion battery-powered applications. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems. PWM pulse skipping mode operation provides very low output ripple voltage for noise sensitive applications.
Switching frequency is internally set at 1.5MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode. Low output voltages are easily supported with the 0.6V feedback reference voltage. The LTC3406B is available in a low profile (1mm) ThinSOT package. Refer to LTC3406 for applications that require Burst Mode® operation.
Protected by U.S. Patents, including 6580258, 5481178.
|LTC3406B||Adj.||1.5MHz||Burst Mode Disabled|
|LTC3406B-1.2||1.2V||1.5MHz||Burst Mode Disabled|
|LTC3406B-2||Adj.||2.25MHz||Burst Mode Disabled|
|LTC3406A||Adj.||1.5MHz||Low Ripple Burst Mode|
|LTC3406AB||Adj.||1.5MHz||Burst Mode Disabled|
|LTC3406AB-2||Adj.||2.25MHz||Burst Mode Disabled|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC500A-D||LTC3406BES5 Demo Board | 2.7V to 5.5Vin, 1.2Vout @ 600mA(max)||$75.00|
|DC500A-E||LTC3406BES5-1.5 Demo Board | 2.7V to 5.5Vin, 1.5Vout @ 600mA(max)||$75.00|
|DC500A-F||LTC3406BES5-1.8 Demo Board | 2.7V to 5.5Vin, 1.8Vout @ 600mA(max)||$75.00|
- Cellular Telephones
- Personal Information Appliances
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Digital Still Cameras
- MP3 Players
- Portable Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3406 - 1.5MHz, 600mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator in ThinSOT
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC3600 - 15V, 1.5A Synchronous Rail-to-Rail Single Resistor Step-Down Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3471 - Dual 1.3A, 1.2MHz Boost/Inverter in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- LT3470 - Micropower Buck Regulator with Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
- LT3575 - Isolated Flyback Converter without an Opto-Coupler
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule (Power Module) DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: