LTC3406 - 1.5MHz, 600mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator in ThinSOT
- High Efficiency: Up to 96%
- Very Low Quiescent Current: Only 20µA During Operation
- 600mA Output Current
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 1.5MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws </=1µA Supply Current
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overtemperature Protected
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
The LTC3406 is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. The device is available in an adjustable version and fixed output voltages of 1.5V and 1.8V. Supply current during operation is only 20µA and drops to <=1µA in shutdown. The 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3406 ideally suited for single Li-Ion battery-powered applications. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems. Automatic Burst Mode operation increases efficiency at light loads, further extending battery life.
Switching frequency is internally set at 1.5MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode. Low output voltages are easily supported with the 0.6V feedback reference voltage. The LTC3406 is available in a low profile (1mm) ThinSOT package.
Protected by U.S. Patents, including 6580258, 5481178.
|LTC3406B||Adj.||1.5MHz||Burst Mode Disabled|
|LTC3406B-1.2||1.2V||1.5MHz||Burst Mode Disabled|
|LTC3406B-2||Adj.||2.25MHz||Burst Mode Disabled|
|LTC3406A||Adj.||1.5MHz||Low Ripple Burst Mode|
|LTC3406AB||Adj.||1.5MHz||Burst Mode Disabled|
|LTC3406AB-2||Adj.||2.25MHz||Burst Mode Disabled|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC500A-A||LTC3406ES5 Demo Board | 2.7V to 5.5Vin, 1.2Vout @ 600mA(max)||$75.00|
- Cellular Telephones
- Personal Information Appliances
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Digital Still Cameras
- MP3 Players
- Portable Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3470 - Micropower Buck Regulator with Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: