LTC3405A - 1.5MHz, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator in ThinSOT
- High Efficiency: Up to 96%
- Very Low Quiescent Current: Only 20µA During Operation
- 300mA Output Current at VIN = 3V
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 1.5MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- 0.8V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overtemperature Protected
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
The LTC3405A is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency, current mode architecture. Supply current during operation is only 20µA and drops to <1µA in shutdown. The 2.5V to5.5V input voltage range makes the LTC3405A ideally suited for single Li-Ion battery-powered applications. 100%duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems.
Switching frequency is internally set at 1.5MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors.The LTC3405A is specifically designed to work well with ceramic output capacitors, achieving very low output voltage ripple and a small PCB footprint.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode. Low output voltages are easily supported with the 0.8V feedback reference voltage. The LTC3405A is available in a low profile (1mm) ThinSOT package.
For fixed 1.5V and 1.8V output versions, refer to theLTC3405A-1.5/LTC3405A-1.8 data sheet.
Protected by U.S. Patents, including 6580258, 5481178.
|LTC3405A||Adj.||Stable With All Ceramic Caps|
|LTC3405A-1.375||1.375V||Stable With All Ceramic Caps|
|LTC3405A-1.5||1.5V||Stable With All Ceramic Caps|
|LTC3405A-1.8||1.8V||Stable With All Ceramic Caps|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC480A-E||LTC3405AES6 | Thin SOT Synchronous Buck Regulator, 2.5 to 5.5 Vin, ADJ (1.2V) Vout @ 300mA(3.0 Vin min), (Small size Inductor).||$75.00|
|DC480A-F||LTC3405AES6 | Thin SOT Synchronous Buck Regulator, 2.5 to 5.5 Vin, ADJ (1.2V) Vout @ 300mA(3.0 Vin min), (High Efficiency Inductor).||$75.00|
- Cellular Telephones
- Personal Information Appliances
- Wireless and DSL Modems
- Digital Still Cameras
- MP3 Players
- Portable Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3103 - 1.8μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT1934 - Micropower Step-Down Switching Regulators in ThinSOT
- LTC3410 - 2.25MHz, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator in SC70
- LTC3388 - 20V High Efficiency Nanopower Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3104 - 2.6μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter and 10mA LDO
- LTC3549 - 250mA Low VIN Buck Regulator in 2mm x 3mm DFN
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC3405 - 1.5MHz, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator in ThinSOT
- LT3470 - Micropower Buck Regulator with Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: