LTC3388 - 20V High Efficiency Nanopower Step-Down Regulator
- 720nA Input IQ in Regulation (No Load), VIN = 4V
- 820nA Input IQ in Regulation (No Load), VIN = 20V
- 400nA Input IQ in UVLO
- 2.7V to 20V Input Operating Range
- Up to 50mA of Output Current
- Pin Selectable Output Voltages:
1.2V, 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V (LTC3388-1)
2.8V, 3.0V, 3.3V, 5.0V (LTC3388-3)
- High Efficiency Hysteretic Synchronous DC/DC Conversion
- Standby Mode Disables Buck Switching
- Available in 10-Lead MSE and 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3388-1/LTC3388-3 are high efficiency step-down DC/DC converters with internal high side and synchronous power switches that draw only 720nA typical DC supply current at no load while maintaining output voltage regulation.
Capable of supplying 50mA of load current, the LTC3388-1/ LTC3388-3 also incorporate an accurate undervoltage lockout (UVLO) feature to disable the converter and maintain a low quiescent current state when the input voltage falls below 2.3V. In regulation, the LTC3388-1/LTC3388-3 enter a sleep state in which both input and output quiescent currents are minimal. The buck converter turns on and off as needed to maintain regulation. An additional standby mode disables buck switching while the output is in regulation for short duration loads requiring low ripple.
Output voltages of 1.2V, 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V (LTC3388-1) and 2.8V, 3.0V, 3.3V, 5.0V (LTC3388-3) are pin selectable. The LTC3388-1/LTC3388-3 can operate with VIN up to 20V while the no load quiescent current remains below 1μA.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1658A-A||LTC3388EMSE-1 Demo Board | 2.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 20V, VOUT = 1.2V to 2.5V @ 50mA||$175.00|
|DC1658A-B||LTC3388EMSE-3 Demo Board | 2.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 20V, VOUT = 2.8V to 5V @ 50mA||$175.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Keep Alive Power for Portable Products
- Industrial Control Supplies
- Distributed Power Systems
- Battery-Operated Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3103 - 1.8μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: