LTC3350 - High Current Supercapacitor Backup Controller and System Monitor
- High Efficiency Synchronous Step-Down CC/CV Charging of One to Four Series Supercapacitors
- Step-Up Mode in Backup Provides Greater Utilization of Stored Energy in Supercapacitors
- 14-Bit ADC for Monitoring System Voltages/Currents, Capacitance and ESR
- Active Overvoltage Protection Shunts
- Internal Active Balancers—No Balance Resistors
- VIN: 4.5V to 35V, VCAP(n): Up to 5V per Capacitor, Charge/Backup Current: 10+A
- Programmable Input Current Limit Prioritizes System Load Over Capacitor Charge Current
- Dual Ideal Diode PowerPath™ Controller
- All N-FET Charger Controller and PowerPath Controller
- Compact 38-Lead 5mm × 7mm QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3350 is a backup power controller that can charge and monitor a series stack of one to four supercapacitors. The LTC3350’s synchronous step-down controller drives N‑channel MOSFETs for constant current/constant voltage charging with programmable input current limit. In addition, the step-down converter can run in reverse as a step-up converter to deliver power from the supercapacitor stack to the backup supply rail. Internal balancers eliminate the need for external balance resistors and each capacitor has a shunt regulator for overvoltage protection.
The LTC3350 monitors system voltages, currents, stack capacitance and stack ESR which can all be read over the I2C/SMBus. The dual ideal diode controller uses N-channel MOSFETs for low loss power paths from the input and supercapacitors to the backup system supply. The LTC3350 is available in a low profile 38-lead 5mm × 7mm × 0.75mm QFN surface mount package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1937B||LTC3350EUHF Demo Board | High Current Supercapacitor Backup Controller and System Monitor, up to 20Vin||$200.00|
|DC590B||Isolated USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval-Compatible Demo Boards||$50.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Current 12V Ride-Through UPS
- Servers/Mass Storage/High Availability Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3128 - 3A Monolithic Buck-Boost Supercapacitor Charger and Balancer with Accurate Input Current Limit
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.