LTC3331 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Charger
- Dual Input, Single Output DC/DCs with Input Prioritizer
Energy Harvesting Input: 3.0V to 19V Buck DC/DC
Battery Input: Up to 4.2V Buck-Boost DC/DC
- 10mA Shunt Battery Charger with Programmable Float Voltages: 3.45V, 4.0V, 4.1V, 4.2V
- Low Battery Disconnect
- Ultra Low Quiescent Current: 950nA at no Load
- Integrated Supercapacitor Balancer
- Up to 50mA of Output Current
- Programmable DC/DC Output Voltage, Buck UVLO, and Buck-Boost Peak Input Current
- Integrated Low-Loss Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier
- Input Protective Shunt: Up to 25mA at VIN ≥ 20V
- 5mm × 5mm QFN-32 Package
The LTC®3331 integrates a high voltage energy harvesting power supply plus a buck-boost DC/DC powered from a rechargeable battery to create a single output supply for alternative energy applications. A 10mA shunt allows simple charging of the battery with harvested energy while a low battery disconnect function protects the battery from deep discharge. The energy harvesting power supply, consisting of an integrated full-wave bridge rectifier and a high voltage buck DC/DC, harvests energy from piezoelectric, solar, or magnetic sources. Either DC/DC converter can deliver energy to a single output. The buck operates when harvested energy is available, reducing the quiescent current draw on the battery to the 200nA required by the shunt charger, thereby extending the life of the battery. The buck-boost powers VOUT only when harvested energy is unavailable.
A supercapacitor balancer is also integrated, allowing for increased output storage. Voltage and current settings for both inputs and outputs are programmable via pin-strapped logic inputs. The LTC3331 is available in a 5mm × 5mm QFN-32 package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2151A||LTC3331EUH Demo Board | Dual Input, Buck Energy Harvester with 10mA Shunt Charger Plus Buck-Boost for Li Ion System Power, 3V ≤ VIN ≤ 18V; Adj 1.8V ≤ Vout ≤ 5V||$200.00|
|DC2509A||Gleanergy Multi-Source E H Demo Board with Battery Chargers and Life-Extenders for Use with DC2321A Dust Demo Board||Contact Factory|
|DC2321A||Dust Energy Harvesting Demo Board with E-Ink Display, designed to connect to the DC2344A or DC2509A||Contact Factory|
- Energy Harvesting
- Solar Powered Systems with Battery Backup
- Wireless HVAC Sensors and Security Devices
- Mobile Asset Tracking
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC3107 - Ultra-Low Voltage Energy Harvester and Primary Battery Life Extender
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.