LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
- Dual Input, Single Output DC/DCs with Input Prioritizer
Energy Harvesting Input: 3.0V to 19V Buck DC/DC
Primary Cell Input: 1.8V to 5.5V Buck-Boost DC/DC
- Zero Battery IQ When Energy Harvesting Source is Available
- Ultralow Quiescent Current: 750nA at No-Load
- Low Noise LDO Post Regulator
- Integrated Supercapacitor Balancer
- Up to 50mA of Output Current
- Programmable DC/DC and LDO Output Voltages, Buck UVLO, and Buck-Boost Peak Input Current
- Integrated Low Loss Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier
- Input Protective Shunt: Up to 25mA at VIN ≥ 20V
- 5mm × 5mm QFN-32 Package
The LTC®3330 integrates a high voltage energy harvesting power supply plus a DC/DC converter powered by a primary cell battery to create a single output supply for alternative energy applications. The energy harvesting power supply, consisting of an integrated full-wave bridge rectifier and a high voltage buck converter, harvests energy from piezoelectric, solar, or magnetic sources. The primary cell input powers a buck-boost converter capable of operation down to 1.8V at its input. Either DC/DC converter can deliver energy to a single output. The buck operates when harvested energy is available, reducing the quiescent current draw on the battery to essentially zero, thereby extending the life of the battery. The buck-boost powers VOUT only when harvested energy goes away.
A low noise LDO post regulator and a supercapacitor balancer are also integrated, accommodating a wide range of output storage configurations. Voltage and current settings for both inputs and outputs are programmable via pin-strapped logic inputs. The LTC3330 is available in a 5mm × 5mm QFN-32 package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2048A||LTC3330EUH Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender||$200.00|
|DC2126A||DC2126A High-Accuracy Wireless Temperature Sensor with Solar Battery Life Extender||$175.00|
|DC2509A||Gleanergy Multi-Source E H Demo Board with Battery Chargers and Life-Extenders for Use with DC2321A Dust Demo Board||Contact Factory|
|DC9006A||Eterna Interface Card||$100.00|
|DC9010B||Eterna Serial Programmer||$399.00|
|DC2321A||Dust Energy Harvesting Demo Board with E-Ink Display, designed to connect to the DC2344A or DC2509A||Contact Factory|
- Energy Harvesting
- Solar Powered Systems with Primary Cell Backup
- Wireless HVAC Sensors and Security Devices
- Mobile Asset Tracking
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3331 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Charger
- LTC3107 - Ultra-Low Voltage Energy Harvester and Primary Battery Life Extender
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- LTC3109 - Auto-Polarity, Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.