LT8584 - 2.5A Monolithic Active Cell Balancer with Telemetry Interface
LTC3300-1 - High Efficiency Bidirectional Multicell Battery Balancer
LTC3300-2 - Addressable High Efficiency Bidirectional Multicell Battery Balancer
LTC3305 - Lead Acid Battery Balancer
- Single IC Balances Up to Four 12V Lead-Acid Batteries in Series
- All NFET Design
- Stackable to Balance Larger Series Battery Packs
- Standalone Balancing Operation: Requires No External μP or Additional Control Circuitry
- Balancing Current Limited by External PTC Thermistor
- Continuous Mode and Timer Mode
- Programmable UV and OV Fault Thresholds
- Programmable Termination Time and Termination Voltage
- Thermally Enhanced 38-Lead TSSOP Package
- Click here to read "Life Extension Through Charge Equalization of Lead-Acid Batteries" on IEEE Xplore
The LTC®3305 balances up to 4 lead-acid batteries connected in series. It is intended to be used in conjunction with a separate pre-existing battery charger as part of a high performance battery system. All voltage monitoring, gate drive, and fault detection circuitry is integrated.
The LTC3305 employs an auxiliary battery or an alternative storage cell to transfer charge to or from each individual battery in the stack. A mode pin provides two operating modes, timer mode and continuous mode. In timer mode, once the balancing operation is completed, the LTC3305 goes into a low power state for a programmed time and then periodically rebalances the batteries. In continuous mode, the balancing operation continues even after the batteries are balanced to their programmed termination voltage.
The LTC3305 is available in a thermally enhanced 38-lead TSSOP package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2043B||LTC3305EFE Demo Board | Lead Acid Battery Balancer for 2-4 Cells||Contact Factory|
- Telecom Backup Systems
- Home Battery Powered Backup Systems
- Industrial Electric Vehicles
- Energy Storage Systems (ESS)
- Medical Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC3300-1 - High Efficiency Bidirectional Multicell Battery Balancer
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT8584 - 2.5A Monolithic Active Cell Balancer with Telemetry Interface
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC6804-1/LTC6804-2 - Multicell Battery Monitors
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!