LTC3300-1 - High Efficiency Bidirectional Multicell Battery Balancer
- Bidirectional Synchronous Flyback Balancing of Up to 6 Li-Ion or LiFePO4 Cells in Series
- Up to 10A Balancing Current (Set by Externals)
- Integrates Seamlessly with the LTC680x Family of Multicell Battery Stack Monitors
- Bidirectional Architecture Minimizes Balancing Time and Power Dissipation
- Up to 92% Charge Transfer Efficiency
- Stackable Architecture Enables >1000V Systems
- Uses Simple 2-Winding Transformers
- 1MHz Daisy-Chainable Serial Interface with 4-Bit CRC Packet Error Checking
- High Noise Margin Serial Communication
- Numerous Fault Protection Features
- 48-Lead Exposed Pad QFN and LQFP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3300-1 is a fault-protected controller IC for transformer-based bidirectional active balancing of multicell battery stacks. All associated gate drive circuitry, precision current sensing, fault detection circuitry and a robust serial interface with built-in watchdog timer are integrated.
Each LTC3300-1 can balance up to 6 series-connected battery cells with an input common mode voltage up to 36V. Charge from any selected cell can be transferred at high efficiency to or from 12 or more adjacent cells. A unique level-shifting SPI-compatible serial interface enables multiple LTC3300-1 devices to be connected in series, without opto-couplers or isolators, allowing for balancing of every cell in a long string of series-connected batteries.
When multiple LTC3300-1 devices are connected in series they can operate simultaneously, permitting all cells in the stack to be balanced concurrently and independently. Fault protection features include readback capability, cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error detection, maximum on-time volt-second clamps, and overvoltage shutoffs.
|LTC3300-1||SPI-compatible serial interface in which each chip in the stack communicates bidirectionally to the chips of the same type above and below it via currents. There is no limit to the stack height. Large common mode voltage differences are handled by each LTC3300-1. The microprocessor in the BMS system communicates ONLY with the bottom chip in the stack and subsequently all of the chips use the same fixed internal address.|
|LTC3300-2||SPI-compatible serial interface in which each chip has a unique 5-bit pin-strapped address. The microprocessor in the BMS system communicates directly with every chip in the stack with common mode voltage differences handled by digital isolators or optocouplers. Because of the 5-bit address, the stack height is limited to 32 LTC3300-2 ICs or 192 cells (~800V). There are 5 pins which have a different assignment, all of them serial interface related.|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2064A||LTC3300ILXE-1 | LTC6803IG-2 High Frequency Bidirectional Multicell Battery Balancer- Companion Board DC590B||$475.00|
|DC2100A-C||12 Cell 4A Controller Board Featuring LTC6804-2 and LTC3300-1 (x2) for Bidirectional Active Cell Balancing||Contact Factory|
|DC2100A-D||12 Cell 4A Stackable Slave Bidirectional Active Cell Balancer Featuring LTC6804-2 and LTC3300-1(x2)||Contact Factory|
|DC2100B-C||12 Cell 4A Controller Board. Bi-Directional Active Cell Balancer with LTC3300-1, LTC6804-2 & LTC6820||$475.00|
|DC2100B-D||12 Cell 4A Stackable Slave Bidirectional Active Cell Balancer Featuring LTC6804-2 and LTC3300-1(x2)||$475.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Electric Vehicles/Plug-in HEVs
- High Power UPS/Grid Energy Storage Systems
- General Purpose Multicell Battery Stacks
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6804-1/LTC6804-2 - Multicell Battery Monitors
- LTC6803-1 and -3 - Multicell Battery Stack Monitor
- LT8584 - 2.5A Monolithic Active Cell Balancer with Telemetry Interface
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3300-2 - Addressable High Efficiency Bidirectional Multicell Battery Balancer
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC6803-2 and -4 - Multicell Battery Stack Monitor
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.