LTC3260 - Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump
- VIN Range: 4.5V to 32V
- Inverting Charge Pump Generates –VIN
- Charge Pump Output Current Up to 100mA
- Low Noise Negative LDO Post Regulator (ILDO – = 50mA Max)
- Low Noise Independent Positive LDO Regulator (ILDO + = 50mA Max)
- 100μA Quiescent Current in Burst Mode® Operation with Both LDO Regulators On
- 50kHz to 500kHz Programmable Oscillator Frequency
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Short-Circuit/Thermal Protection
- Low Profile 3mm × 4mm 14-Pin DFN and Thermally Enhanced 16-Pin MSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3260 is a low noise dual polarity output power supply that includes an inverting charge pump with both positive and negative LDO regulators. The charge pump operates over a wide 4.5V to 32V input range and can deliver up to 100mA of output current. Each LDO regulator can provide up to 50mA of output current. The negative LDO post regulator is powered from the charge pump output. The LDO output voltages can be adjusted using external resistor dividers.
The charge pump employs either low quiescent current Burst Mode operation or low noise constant frequency mode. In Burst Mode operation the charge pump VOUT regulates to –0.94 • VIN, and the LTC3260 draws only 100μA of quiescent current with both LDO regulators on. In constant frequency mode the charge pump produces an output equal to –VIN and operates at a fixed 500kHz or to a programmed value between 50kHz to 500kHz using an external resistor. The LTC3260 is available in low profile (0.75mm) 3mm x 4mm 14-pin DFN and thermally enhanced 16-pin MSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1793A||LTC3260EMSE Demo Board | Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump Plus ±LDO, 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 32V, Vout = ±3.3V/±5V/±12V/±24V/±Adj @ ±50mA||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Low Noise Bipolar/Inverting Supplies
- Industrial/Instrumentation Low Noise Bias Generators
- Portable Medical Equipment
- Portable Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1054 - Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter with Regulator
- LTC1983 - 100mA Regulated Charge-Pump Inverters in ThinSOT
- LTC3261 - High Voltage, Low Quiescent Current Inverting Charge Pump
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3032 Series - Dual 150mA Positive/Negative Low Noise Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: