LTC3255 - Wide VIN Range Fault Protected 50mA Step-Down Charge Pump
- Input Voltage Range: 4V to 48V
- Adjustable Regulated Output: 2.4V to 12.5V
- Output Current: 50mA Maximum
- 16μA Quiescent Current in Regulation at No Load
- Input Fault Protection from –52V to 60V
- Multimode Charge Pump (2:1, 1:1) with Automatic Mode Switching Maintains Regulation Over Wide VIN Range
- Input Voltage Shunt Mode for Current-Fed Applications
- Power Good Output
- Overtemperature and Short-Circuit Protection
- Operating Junction Temperature: 150°C Maximum
- Thermally Enhanced 10-Lead MSOP and 10-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN packages
The LTC®3255 is a switched-capacitor step-down DC/DC converter that produces a regulated output (2.4V to 12.5V adjustable) from a 4V to 48V input. In applications where the input voltage exceeds twice the output voltage, 2:1 capacitive charge pumping extends output current capability beyond input supply current limits. At no load, Burst Mode® operation cuts VIN quiescent current to 16μA.
With its integrated VIN shunt regulator, the LTC3255 excels in 4mA to 20mA current loop applications. The device enables current multiplication; a 4mA input current can power a 7.4mA load continuously. Alternatively, the LTC3255 serves as a higher efficiency replacement for linear regulators and provides a space-saving inductorfree alternative to buck DC/DC converters.
The LTC3255 withstands reverse-polarity input supplies and output short-circuits without damage. Safety features including current limit and overtemperature protection further enhance robustness. The LTC3255 is available in thermally enhanced 10-lead MSOP and low profile 3mm × 3mm 10-lead DFN packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2041A||LTC3255EMSE Demo Board | -52V/60V Fault-Protected Step-Down Charge Pump, 4V ≤ VIN ≤ 48V, Vout = 2.5V/3.3V/5V/12V/Adj @ 50mA||$100.00|
- Industrial Control, Factory Automation, Sensors, and SCADA Systems
- Housekeeping Power Supplies
- Current-Boosting Voltage Regulators for 4mA to 20mA Current Loops
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3245 - Wide VIN Range, Low Noise, 250mA Buck-Boost Charge Pump
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3260 - Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.