LTC3245 - Wide VIN Range, Low Noise, 250mA Buck-Boost Charge Pump
- 2.7V to 38V VIN Range
- IQ = 18μA Operating; 4μA in Shutdown
- 12V to 5V Efficiency = 81%
- Multimode Operation (2:1, 1:1, 1:2) with Automatic Mode Switching
- Low Noise, Constant Frequency Operation
- Pin Selectable Burst Mode ® Operation
- VOUT: Fixed 3.3V, 5V or Adjustable (2.5V to 5V)
- IOUT Up to 250mA
- Overtemperature and Short-Circuit Protection
- Operating Junction Temperature: 150°C Maximum
- Thermally Enhanced 12-Pin MSOP and Low Profile
12-Pin (3mm x 4mm) DFN Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3245 is a switched capacitor buck-boost DC/DC converter that produces a regulated output (3.3V, 5V or adjustable) from a 2.7V to 38V input. The device uses switched capacitor fractional conversion to maintain regulation over a wide range of input voltage. Internal circuitry automatically selects the conversion ratio to optimize efficiency as input voltage and load conditions vary. No inductors are required.
The unique constant frequency architecture provides a lower noise output than conventional charge pump regulators. To optimize efficiency at the expense of slightly higher output ripple, the device has pin selectable Burst Mode operation.
Low operating current (20μA with no load, 4μA in shutdown) and low external parts count (three small ceramic capacitors) make the LTC3245 ideally suited for low power, space constrained automotive/industrial applications. The device is short-circuit and overtemperature protected, and is available in thermally enhanced 12-pin MSOP and low profile 3mm x 4mm 12-pin DFN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1802A||LTC3245EMSE Demo Board | Buck-Boost Charge Pump, 2.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 38V, Vout = 1.2V/3.3V/5V @ 250mA||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive ECU/CAN Transceiver Supplies
- Industrial Housekeeping Supplies
- Low Power 12V to 5V Conversion
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3260 - Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC3255 - Wide VIN Range Fault Protected 50mA Step-Down Charge Pump
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.