LTC3240 - 3.3V/2.5V Step-Up/Step-Down Charge Pump DC/DC Converter
- Step-Up/Step-Down Charge Pumps Generate Fixed 3.3V or 2.5V Outputs
- VIN Range: 1.8V to 5.5V
- Output Current up to 150mA
- Automatic Mode Switching
- Constant Frequency (1.2MHz) Operation in Step-Up Mode
- Low Dropout Regulator Operation in Step-Down Mode
- Low No-Load Quiescent Current: IQ = 65µA
- Built-In Soft-Start Reduces Inrush Current
- Shutdown Disconnects Load from Input
- Shutdown Current < 1µA
- Short-Circuit/Thermal Protection
- Available in a 6-Lead (2mm × 2mm) DFN Package
DescriptionThe LTC3240-3.3/LTC3240-2.5 are step-up/step-down charge pump DC/DC converters that produce a fixed regulated output voltage of 3.3V or 2.5V over a wide input voltage range (1.8V to 5.5V).
With input voltages greater than the regulated output voltage the LTC3240 operates as a low dropout regulator. Once the input voltage drops within 100mV of the regulated output voltage the part automatically switches to step-up mode. In step-up mode the LTC3240 operates as a constant frequency (1.2MHz) doubling charge pump.
The LTC3240-3.3/LTC3240-2.5 feature low no load operating current (65µA typical) and ultralow operating current in shutdown (<1µA). Built-in soft-start circuitry prevents excessive inrush current during start-up. Thermal shutdown and current-limit circuitry allow the parts to survive a continuous short-circuit from VOUT to GND.
The LTC3240-3.3/LTC3240-2.5 require only three tiny external ceramic capacitors for an ultrasmall application footprint. The LTC3240-3.3/LTC3240-2.5 are available in a 6-pin (2mm × 2mm) DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC903A-A||LTC3240EDC-3.3 Demo Board | Regulated Buck-Boost Charge Pump, 1.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 3.3V @ Up to 150mA||$75.00|
|DC903A-B||LTC3240EDC-2.5 Demo Board | Regulated Buck-Boost Charge Pump, 1.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 2.5V @ Up to 150mA||$75.00|
- 2 AA to 2.5V
- 2-3 AA/Li-Ion to 3.3V
- Low Power Supplies for Cameras, I/O Supplies, Audio, PC Cards, Misc. Logic, etc., in a Wide Variety of Handheld Products
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3221 - Micropower, Regulated Charge Pump in 2 x 2 DFN
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3531 - 200mA Buck-Boost Synchronous DC/DC Converters
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: