LTC3225 - 150mA Supercapacitor Charger
- Low Noise Constant Frequency Charging of Two Series Supercapacitors
- Automatic Cell Balancing Prevents Capacitor Overvoltage During Charging
- Programmable Charge Current (Up to 150mA)
- Selectable 2.4V or 2.65V Regulation per Cell (LTC3225)
- Selectable 2V or 2.25V Regulation per Cell (LTC3225-1)
- Automatic Recharge
- IVIN = 20μA in Standby Mode
- ICOUT < 1μA When Input Supply is Removed
- No Inductors
- Tiny Application Circuit (2mm × 3mm DFN Package, All Components <1mm High)
The LTC3225/LTC3225-1 are programmable supercapacitor chargers designed to charge two supercapacitors in series to a selectable fixed output voltage (4.8V/5.3V for the LTC3225 and 4V/4.5V for the LTC3225-1) from input supplies as low as 2.8V to 5.5V. Automatic cell balancing prevents overvoltage damage to either supercapacitor. No balancing resistors are required.
Low input noise, low quiescent current and low external parts count (one flying capacitor, one bypass capacitor at VIN and one programming resistor) make the LTC3225/ LTC3225-1 ideally suited for small battery-powered applications.
Charge current level is programmed with an external resistor. When the input supply is removed, the LTC3225/ LTC3225-1 automatically enter a low current state, drawing less than 1μA from the supercapacitors.
The LTC3225/LTC3225-1 are available in a 10-lead 2mm × 3mm DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1220B||LTC3225EDDB DEMO BOARD| 150mA Supercapacitor Charger||$125.00|
- Current Limited Applications with High Peak Power Loads (LED Flash, PCMCIA Tx Bursts, HDD Bursts, GPRS/GSM Transmitter)
- Backup Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3226 - 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Backup PowerPath Controller
- LTC4425 - Linear SuperCap Charger with Current-Limited Ideal Diode and V/I Monitor
- LTC3625 - 1A High Efficiency 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Automatic Cell Balancing
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3350 - High Current Supercapacitor Backup Controller and System Monitor
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: