LTC3219 - 250mA Universal Nine Channel LED Driver
- Multimode Charge Pump Provides Up to 91% Efficiency
- Slew Limited Switching Reduces Conducted and Radiated Noise (EMI)
- Up to 250mA Total Output Current
- Nine 28mA Universal Current Sources with 64-Step Linear Brightness Control
- Independent On/Off, Brightness Level, Blinking and Gradation Control for Each Current Source Using 2-Wire I2CTM Interface
- Internal Current Reference
- Configurable ENU Pin for Asynchronous LED On/Off Control
- Low Noise Charge Pump Operates in 1x, 1.5x or 2x Mode for Optimal Efficiency*
- Automatic or Forced Mode Switching
- Internal Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Short-Circuit/Thermal Protection
- 3mm × 3mm 20-Lead QFN Plastic Package
The LTC3219 is a highly integrated multidisplay LED driver. The device contains a high efficiency, low noise charge pump to provide power to nine universal LED current sources. The LTC3219 requires only five small ceramic capacitors to form a complete LED power supply and current controller.
The maximum display currents are set by an internal precision current reference. Independent dimming, On/Off, blinking and gradation control for all current sources is achieved via the I2C serial interface. 6-bit linear DACs are available for adjusting brightness levels for each universal LED current source.
The LTC3219 charge pump optimizes efficiency based on the voltage across the LED current sources. The device powers up in 1x mode and will automatically switch to boost mode whenever any enabled LED current source begins to enter dropout. The first dropout switches the IC into 1.5x mode and a subsequent dropout switches the LTC3219 into 2x mode. The part resets to 1x mode whenever a data register is updated via the I2C port.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1055A||LTC3219EUD | 250mA, Universal Multi-Output LED Dri||$125.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEv||$50.00|
- Video Phones with QVGA+ Displays
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3220/LTC3220-1 - 360mA Universal 18-Channel LED Driver
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3205 - Multidisplay LED Controller
- LTC3212 - RGB LED Driver and Charge Pump
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3799 - Offline Isolated Flyback LED Controller with Active PFC
- LTC3208 - High Current Software Configurable Multidisplay LED Controller
- LT3598 - 6-String 30mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.