LTC3215 - 700mA Low Noise High Current LED Charge Pump
- High Efficiency Operation: 1x, 1.5x or 2x Boost Modes with Automatic Mode Switching
- Ultralow Dropout ILED Current Control
- Output Current up to 700mA
- Low Noise Constant Frequency Operation*
- Wide VIN Range: 2.9V to 4.4V
- Open/Shorted LED Protection
- LED Disconnect in Shutdown
- Low Shutdown Current: 2.5µA
- 4% LED Current Programming Accuracy
- Automatic Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- No Inductors
- Tiny Application Circuit (All Components <1mm Profile)
- 3mm × 3mm 10-Lead DFN Package
DescriptionThe LTC3215 is a low noise, high current charge pump DC/DC converter designed to power high current LEDs. The part includes an accurate programmable current source capable of driving loads up to 700mA from a 2.9V to 4.4V input. Low external parts count (two flying capacitors, one programming resistor and two bypass capacitors) makes the LTC3215 ideally suited for small, battery powered applications.
Built-in soft-start circuitry prevents excessive inrush current during start-up. High switching frequency enables the use of small external capacitors. LED current is programmed with an external resistor. The LED is disconnected from VIN during shutdown.
An ultralow dropout current source maintains accurate LED current at very low ILED voltages. Automatic mode switching optimizes efficiency by monitoring the voltage across the LED current source and switching modes only when ILED dropout is detected. The LTC3215 is available in a low profile 3mm × 3mm 10-Lead DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC871A-A||LTC3215EDD | Low Noise, High Current LED Flash Charge Pump, VIN = 2.9V-4.4V, AOT||$100.00|
|DC871A-B||LTC3215EDD | Low Noise, High Current LED Flash Charge Pump, VIN = 2.9V-4.4V, LUM||$100.00|
|DC871A-C||LTC3215EDD | Low Noise, High Current LED Flash Charge Pump, VIN = 2.9V-4.4V, LUM||$100.00|
- LED Torch/Camera Light Supply for Cell Phones, PDAs and Digital Cameras
- General Lighting and/or Flash/Strobe Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3216 - 1A Low Noise High Current LED Charge Pump with Independent Torch/Flash Current Control
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT1932 - Constant-Current DC/DC LED Driver in ThinSOT
- LTC3490 - Single Cell 350mA LED Driver
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LTC3214 - 500mA Camera LED Charge Pump
- LTC3454 - 1A Synchronous Buck-Boost High Current LED Driver
- LT3496 - Triple Output LED Driver
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3799 - Offline Isolated Flyback LED Controller with Active PFC
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV