LTC3212 - RGB LED Driver and Charge Pump
- Power and Current Control for Driving RGB LEDs
- Individually Programmable Current Sources
- 1x or 2x Mode, Low Noise, Constant Frequency Charge Pump
- Single Wire Enable Control for All LEDs
- White Mode Adjusts R, G, B Currents for White Light
- 25mA Maximum LED Current
- VIN Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Automatic Soft-Start, Mode Switching and Output Disconnect in Shutdown Mode
- Available in 12-Lead (3mm × 2mm) DFN Package
The LTC3212 is a low noise charge pump RGB LED driver capable of driving three LEDs up to 25mA each from a 2.7V to 5.5V input. Low external part count (one flying capacitor, two bypass capacitors and one to three programming resistors) makes the LTC3212 ideally suited for small, battery-powered applications.
Built-in soft-start circuitry prevents excessive inrush current during start-up and mode switching. High switching frequency enables the use of small external capacitors. The charge pump shuts down to a high impedance mode to prevent LED leakage while the LTC3212 is off.
Each LED may be individually turned on or off via a single pin interface. The current through the LEDs may be individually programmed with resistors or may share a single programming resistor. White mode adjusts the red, green and blue LED current ratios for a white light when all three LEDs are programmed to be on.
LED currents are regulated using internal low dropout current sources. Automatic mode switching optimizes efﬁ ciency by monitoring the LED current drivers and switches mode only when dropout is detected. The part is available in a 3mm × 2mm 12-lead DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1187A||LTC3212EDDB | RGB LED Driver & Charge Pump||$100.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEv||$50.00|
- Cellular Phones
- Media Players
- RGB Back Lights
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTC2955 - Pushbutton On/Off Controller with Automatic Turn-On
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3200 - Low Noise, Regulated Charge Pump DC/DC Converters
- LT3598 - 6-String 30mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LTC3206 - I2C Multidisplay LED Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV