LTC3204 - Low Noise Regulated Charge Pump in 2 × 2 DFN
- Fixed 3.3V or 5V Outputs
- VIN Range:
1.8V to 4.5V (LTC3204-3.3/LTC3204B-3.3)
2.7V to 5.5V (LTC3204-5/LTC3204B-5)
- Output Current:
Up to 150mA (LTC3204-5/LTC3204B-5)
Up to 50mA (LTC3204-3.3/LTC3204B-3.3)
- Automatic Burst Mode® Operation with IQ = 48µA (LTC3204-3.3/LTC3204-5)
- Constant Frequency Operation at All Loads (LTC3204B-3.3/LTC3204B-5)
- Low Noise Constant Frequency (1.2MHz) Operation*
- Built-In Soft-Start Reduces Inrush Current
- Shutdown Disconnects Load from Input
- Shutdown Current <1µA
- Short-Circuit/Thermal Protection
- Available in Low Profile 6-Lead DFN Package
The LTC3204-3.3/LTC3204-5/LTC3204B-3.3/LTC3204B-5 are low noise, constant frequency (1.2MHz) switched capacitor voltage doublers. The LTC3204-3.3/ LTC3204B-3.3 can produce a regulated output voltage of 3.3V from a minimum input voltage of 1.8V (2 alkaline cells) whereas the LTC3204-5/LTC3204B-5 can produce 5V from a minimum of 2.7V (Li-Ion battery) input.
LTC3204-3.3/LTC3204-5 feature automatic Burst Mode® operation at light loads to maintain low supply current whereas LTC3204B-3.3/LTC3204B-5 feature constant frequency operation at any load. Built-in soft-start circuitry prevents excessive inrush current during start-up. Thermal shutdown and current-limit circuitry allow the parts to survive a continuous short-circuit from VOUT to GND.
High switching frequency minimizes overall solution footprint by allowing the use of tiny ceramic capaci-tors. In shutdown, the load is disconnected from the input and the quiescent current is reduced to <1µA.
The LTC3204-3.3/LTC3204-5/LTC3204B-3.3/LTC3204B-5 are available in a low proﬁle (0.75mm) 6-lead 2mm × 2mm DFN package.
*Protected by U.S. Patents including 6411531.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC761A-A||LTC3204EDC-5 Demo Board | Low Noise Regulated Charge Pump in 2x2 DFN, Burst Mode, Vin = 2.7V-5.5V, Vout = 5V/(65-150mA)||$75.00|
|DC761A-B||LTC3204EDC-3.3 Demo Board | Low Noise Regulated Charge Pump in 2x2 DFN, Burst Mode, Vin = 1.8V-4.5V, Vout = 3.3V/(40-50mA max)||$75.00|
|DC916A-A||LTC3204BEDC-5 Demo Board | Low Noise Regulated Charge Pump 2x2 DFN, Vin = 2.7V-5.5V, Vout = 5V/(65-150mA max)||$75.00|
|DC916A-B||LTC3204BEDC-3.3 Demo Board | Low Noise Regulated Charge Pump in 2x2 DFN, Vin = 1.8V-4.5V, Vout = 3.3V/(40-50mA max)||$75.00|
- 2 AA Cell to 3.3V
- Li-Ion to 5V
- USB On-The-Go Devices
- White LED Drivers
- Handheld Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: