LTC3203/LTC3203-1/LTC3203B/LTC3203B-1 - 500mA Output Current Low Noise Dual Mode Step-Up Charge Pumps
- Selectable Dual Mode Operation: 1:1.5 or 1:2
- High Output Current: Up to 500mA
- Low Noise Constant Frequency (1MHz/0.9MHz) Operation
- VIN Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Adjustable Output Voltage (LTC3203/LTC3203B)
- User Selectable Fixed Output Voltages: 4.5V or 5V (LTC3203-1 and LTC3203B-1)
- Automatic Burst Mode® Operation with IQ ~ 120µA (LTC3203/LTC3203-1)
- Constant Freqency Operation at All Loads (LTC3203B/LTC3203B-1)
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current at Turn-On
- Short-Circuit/Thermal Protection
- Shutdown Disconnects Load from Input
- Shutdown Current: < 1µA
- Available in a 10-pin (3mm × 3mm) DFN Package
The LTC3203/LTC3203-1/LTC3203B/LTC3203B-1 are low noise, high efficiency charge pump DC/DC converters capable of driving loads up to 500mA from a 2.7V to 5.5V input. Low external parts count (two flying capacitors and bypass capacitors at VIN and VOUT) make the LTC3203 family ideally suited for small, battery-powered applications.
Built-in soft-start circuitry prevents excessive inrush current during start-up. High switching frequency enables the use of small external capacitors. The LTC3203/ LTC3203-1 feature Burst Mode operation at light load to achieve high efficiency whereas the LTC3203B/ LTC3203B-1 operate at constant frequency to achieve lowest noise operation.
The LTC3203-1/LTC3203B-1 have a user selectable fixed output voltage of 4.5V or 5V to power LEDs or logic circuits. The FB pin of the LTC3203/LTC3203B can be used to program the desired output voltage. The parts are short circuit and over temperature protected and are available in a low profile (3mm × 3mm) DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC863A-A||LTC3203B Demo Board | Regulated Boost Charge Pump, 2.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 4V, Vout = 3.3V @ Up to 500mA||$100.00|
|DC863A-B||LTC3203-1 Demo Board | Regulated Boost Charge Pump, 2.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 4.5V or 5V @ Up to 500mA||$100.00|
|DC863A-C||LTC3203B-1 Demo Board | Regulated Boost Charge Pump, 2.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 4.5V or 5V @ Up to 500mA||$100.00|
- High Current LED Backlight Supply for
- Cellphone Camera Light Supply
- General Purpose 3.3V or Li-Ion to 5V Supply
- USB ON THE GO(OTG) Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1054 - Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter with Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: